AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I learned that this unit is a handy little box to connect all your sources (RGB, composite, S-video) to your projector so you can get 480p. Is that true?? I already invested in a Tosh SD4700, so now if i run S-video (interlaced) to this unit (because i'll be buying it for CATV), will i get a reasonably good image? That means definitely better than interlaced. It stands to reason that it can never provide as good a progressive image as the SD4700 's own deinterlacer.

I want something which is fairly plug-and-play and i'm only going to build a PC when college finishes, and i'll want to sell the PJ then. :(

Probably going to buy a 7" next year. :)

So, after all this rambling, is this thing worth the 100 bucks? Remember i can add 80 more to get the AA transcoder, but that won't help me with TV.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I just got one for my 1031Q. Made a huge difference. Very plug-n-play.

pixels are for all purposes gone.

I just moved my fixed screen into the family room and have been using the pj to watch movies this weekend. The VB50 is fine. I have it also converting a DBS signal. Works fine so far.

Eric

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, you have it? Did you notice a marked improvement over composite?

Can you tell me what's your equipment and maybe screenshots? (bigger is better, please don't resize)

Thanks. I'm holding off on buying it to get some input first. Where did you buy it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.