AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I bought yesterday the new media player from viewsonic vmp70.

From now, the picture quality is excellent, all seem to work with excellent results, except for the subtitles.

I try with idx/sub, srt, burn in the avi with AVIAddXSubs. I have the option of the subtitle, with these, but nothing on the screen.

For now, except for the subtitles, this box is a real charm, and solve my digital media problems, with a hd.

No one have the same problem?

Maybe it is time to have a vmp70 thread here.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi my friend, I have this vmp70 too, and fortunately I got subtitles working fine but not at all.

When I got subs included on a H.264 container, sometimes it don't want to show me thouse, and I have to power-off and turn it on to get subs working fine.

Hope that viewsonic guys get a new firmware update soon to get this all errors fixed out.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,

I found this thread and I was wondering if you solved the subtitles problem. I just bought the VMP70 and have the same problem, subtitles won't show up, and if I browse the folder contents, I don't see any of the .SRT, .SUB anad other subtitle files, none of them. Thanks for any help or ideas!

· Registered
1 Posts
I have the viewsonic VMP70 media player and notice that when I try to play two .mkv video files that the video is black but you can hear the audio only. I have many .mkv video files that DO work so I was wondering if anyone knows why this is and how to correct it?

thanks

· Registered
2,144 Posts
Just got a used one on craigslist for $40 and I really like it in the family room. It uses an earlier firmware version of the briteview 5005, so moving through video files is very quick, although its not the most elegant of menus out there by a long shot. This replaces a 1st gen wdtv which I sold to my brother.

Plays all of my files, and has both component and hdmi outputs, which is great since I need component outs for a projector I'm going to place in the family room and the hdmi for the jvc tv currently there.

Victor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.