AVS Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Looks like this model has gone radio silence...so strange, was supposed to be launched in Oct 2019 :/

Pity

I know right. Whoever is on their marketing team needs to get off their you know what. I think they had a huge opportunity to start advertising to be a major competitor for the Optoma P1. Looks like they may have missed some good opportunity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yeah, I have texted them on their FB page saying you have the great chance to wipe out all the Xiaomi with an unannounced $1.800 price and good specs and try to win over LG/P1/Epson 500 customers who cannot afford $3k pj...huge chance loss

QUOTE=J Bone;58663918]
Looks like this model has gone radio silence...so strange, was supposed to be launched in Oct 2019 😕

Pity

I know right. Whoever is on their marketing team needs to get off their you know what. I think they had a huge opportunity to start advertising to be a major competitor for the Optoma P1. Looks like they may have missed some good opportunity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
For anyone still interested, Viewsonic replied to me on FB saying that both x-1000 and x-100 have been delayed to Jan 2020...

Bummer, but at least there not in the garbage bin (at least officially). I have the PX800HD and the LS820 was really awesome (great deals for refurbished models on eBay right now). They were almost too ahead of their time (overpriced and poorly marketed) imo. I don’t think either model sold we’ll in spite of being some of the first UST’s marketed to the home theater entertainment market.

·
Registered
2 Posts
fwiw, looks like there must be some movement on this finally.

If you google ViewSonic X1000-4K and CES 2020, the first result on Google is a web-page showing the projector with an overview and an innovation honoree tag from CES 2020.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does no one else think it is weird that there is no information available, so sightings at CES 2020, yet it wins an innovation award? Has anyone managed to find any new information on this UST projector?

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I don't know what they won really without actual product but the specs of this, brightness, Harman Kardon speakers and even price is identical pretty much to VAVA which has been available for 6 months now...

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I don't know what they won really without actual product but the specs of this, brightness, Harman Kardon speakers and even price is identical pretty much to VAVA which has been available for 6 months now...

It’s quite a different design. RGBB LED light engine seems pretty interesting. Theoretically, it should reach DCI-P3 color space without requiring a color wheel and reducing rainbow effect. The fact that they didn’t have it on display a full year after it’s debut at the previous years CES is not a good sign.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
It’s quite a different design. RGBB LED light engine seems pretty interesting. Theoretically, it should reach DCI-P3 color space without requiring a color wheel and reducing rainbow effect. The fact that they didn’t have it on display a full year after it’s debut at the previous years CES is not a good sign.
I missed the fact they were using LED instead of laser. I wonder if that's LED engine the same as used in other LED projectors then. Also wouldn't laser light source be superior to LED in terms of brightness and contrast?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I missed the fact they were using LED instead of laser. I wonder if that's LED engine the same as used in other LED projectors then. Also wouldn't laser light source be superior to LED in terms of brightness and contrast?

Probably less bright, contrast should be similar contrast. The colors should be more vibrant considering that it’s an RGB light source. LED always appears brighter than the measured lumens, still usually not as bright as a laser light source.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

Still waiting on release information!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts