AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these 2 units manufactured by the same company? If so, do they have the same options or are they configured diffrenetly?

Anybody own one yet that can put some details into the forum?

thanks

·
Registered
458 Posts
Richard,

It looks as though its exactly the same unit, just an OEM from one to another. My experience tells me that Vigatec is probaly OEMming the unit from omega one. but who is the manufacturer of omega one? do you have company name, website. what is msrp?

thanks

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yes you are correct. Looks interesting but no aspect ratio's. But than again it all depends on MSRP. You cant have it all unless you pay for it:)

Thank you

·
Registered
174 Posts
Strange, I checked Vigatec's spec sheet for the FX2 and it implies some control over aspect ratios:

"The horizontal Zoom Mode allows 4:3 Formats presented in the correct format on 16:9 displays."

If this is right, maybe Vigatec's using Videon's line-doubler card and modifying?

---

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what we are waiting for Stacy to tell us in his review. I have a Pioneer 532hd5 rptv that locks into full mode when it sees a progressive video signal. I dont want this scaler to do the same thing as an Iscan does. I want to fill my entire screen with a good image and not just the center.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.