Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

just a more elaborated update what the new firmware adds

in terms of new features and bug fixes.

Most important NTSC SDI format conversion is now available

for all aspect ratios. This was a difficult to solve bug of the

SII504 but we made it.

Additionally you have aspect ratio control now for all progressive

input sources including , 480p, 576p, 720p, and 1080i.There are a lot more bug fixes of minor importance but I am happy to announce that is really looks like that we are approaching a final

firmware. We have put almost everything customers have asked for and they deserve their applause for the positive inputs to making the Vigatec scaler an one of its kind.

We will release this firmware for the legacy units soon, so please

check our website. So all customer who have older units will have

the same operation and firmware as those with new boards that has the OSD onboard. One minor difference is that the new board

also adds Brightness and Contrast control for the SDI inputs.

This is true for all units with serial number higher 1000. Upgrade of older units is impossible !!!!!!

The triple SDI boards are available from stock and expand the number of inputs to 11.

We have a new reference installation. All video signals and projection in the UEFA (european soccer asssociation) headquarters in Geneva is processed by Vigatec units- yes we are proud.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Hi Spatz,

I would sleep a lot better at night if you stopped referring to the GVC1280 that I bought last summer as a "legacy" device :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by spatz
Hi folks,

I am happy to announce that is really looks like that we are approaching a final

firmware. We have put almost everything customers have asked for and they deserve their applause for the positive inputs to making the Vigatec scaler an one of its kind.

Here's another customer suggestion: allow more than one set of adjustments to be memorized for each input. This would greatly help those of us using an AV receiver to do most video switching.

For example, I use Input 2 to accept the S-video output of my receiver. I need a different set of Vigatec parameters when I watch DSS, watch NTSC off-air (using my JVC SVHS VCR as a tuner), and play back SVHS tapes. However, the current firmware only allows me to memorize one set of Vigatec parameters for input 2, even though I really need to memorize three different sets and switch them according to whether I am watching DSS, NTSC, or a video tape.

This proposed new feature would be entirely a software function, and should therefore be possible to implement.

Another request is support of a 72Hz output rate, which reportedly makes motion much smoother when 24fps-originated film sources are displayed.

Thanks for your consideration.

--Robert

·
Registered
613 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Humey
not that I have the scaler, but I always assume it had 72hz
From the Vigatec website:

The output signal is user adjustable up to 1365 x 1024 pixels with the choice of different frame rates of 50, 75, 100 Hz (PAL) or 60, 90, 120 Hz (NTSC).

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Optimum rate at 1365*1024 turns out to be 75.1hz on the D-ILA.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi Spatz,

I would also like to see a refresh rate of 72Hz offered in the Vigatec. By the way, for quadrupling to 960p, how may pixels are there per line? 720? 1280? 1440?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
What about us poor folks with the 'legacy' units we recently purchased?

Will the new software hopefully fix the problem with saving settings like 'clocks per line'?

Thanks

Frank

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Spatz:

Never hurts to ask. I don't suppose the Vigatec can do something like Pioneer Elite's "Natural wide" mode? That is, it cuts off a little from the top and bottom of a 4:3 picture and stretches out the remainder so that it fills a 16:9 screen. They also supposedly stretch the sides more than the center. The great thing about that mode is that we can watch all 4:3 material in widescreen mode without side bars, and it doesn't even look significantly distorted. That would be a great feature to add. In your spare time.

Craig

·
Registered
252 Posts
Can I upgrade my Dune (only one SDI) to the latest and greatest Dune with 3 SDI and OSD?

Make it so.........

Thanks

·
Registered
613 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cwilson
Spatz:

Never hurts to ask. I don't suppose the Vigatec can do something like Pioneer Elite's "Natural wide" mode? That is, it cuts off a little from the top and bottom of a 4:3 picture and stretches out the remainder so that it fills a 16:9 screen. They also supposedly stretch the sides more than the center. The great thing about that mode is that we can watch all 4:3 material in widescreen mode without side bars, and it doesn't even look significantly distorted. That would be a great feature to add. In your spare time.

Craig
Vigatec can already do nonlinear horizontal stretch. I actually like the "4:5" stretch a lot, because it leaves most of the picture looking reasonably geometrically accurate and does an extreme stretch on the very edges. I prefer it to the similar function in my JVC plasma, in fact.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.