AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Looks like a Crystallio II knockoff to me. But then again I cannot read German.

·
Registered
97 Posts
That helps. So I guess I have to rescind that first take. It sure looks like it may have some PC based something in it given the fan on the back and the ethernet port.

Looks much nicer than their other stuff though. Hopefully their pricing is more in line with the rest of the VP market. Are their any US dealers for this thing?

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by doseofrealta
That helps. So I guess I have to rescind that first take. It sure looks like it may have some PC based something in it given the fan on the back and the ethernet port.

Looks much nicer than their other stuff though. Hopefully their pricing is more in line with the rest of the VP market. Are their any US dealers for this thing?
Your avsforum host Avscience is listed as a dealer

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
If I remember correctly the S1 lists for something like $10k, seriously. I was getting all fired up about seeing it on their website and then the wind left my sails when I saw the back of the unit. NO HDMI. Given that this is high end it would be reasonable to expect HDMI.

Looks like I'll be waiting for the Radiance...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ouch $10k. Well I'm rapidly giving up on any Realta based scaler ever shipping, or at least any that work as well as they have been hyped. I thought this looked interesting for a brief moment but I guess I'll be awaiting some solid reviews on the Crystalio II. Then again if Stacy is right about the DVDO deinterlacing maybe I should just wait another few months for their new stuff. Its not like we haven't waiting 16 months for the Realta stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.