AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just wanted to post that I got my screen sample. I heard of others sending out for it, but haven't heard if anyone else got there's yet.

Anyway, I just wanted to say what I think about it.

One Word: Fantastic!

The screen is amazing. I'm now afraid to ask for the price. lol. It has a very nice look and and quality build. Seems quite durable. It was different than I expected. I thought I was sending off for some kind of polarizer like film material, but I got this nearly 12x9" (LxW) and 1/4" thick acrylic sheet that appears black. Amazing picture and very bright even with lights coming from behind the screen where the projection is coming from.

I definitely would love to use this for a rear projection set up, but if this screen is as expensive as I hear it is it won't be worth it simply due to the Mirage/Supernova screen coming out soon. They have 80" and 95" 16:9 diagonal sizes available, so I'm going to find out how much those are.

Any chance something like the Mirage will have an impact on the prices of a rear screens like this?

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Yeah, it's expensive - more than the Mirage/Supernova. Google Vikuiti projection (get the spelling right) and you'll find some prices. As well, they don't make huge sizes. Should be a real plasma killer though.

Edit: maybe AVS could get a dealership and help out with the pricing thing. ;)

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, hopefully. It just doesn't seem to make sense now for it to even be very close the price of the Mirage, much less MORE expensive. One you need more space for and an enclosure for best quality. One hangs on your wall. Then again, I guess these weren't intended for the home theater market, but you'd think the mirage could still steal some of their sales either way if they're too close in price.

·
Premium Member
25,269 Posts
Yes, it seems that the new black FP screens will relegate RP to an even more rarified and expensive niche where the ultimate contrast with ambient light is required.

Currently, good as it is, the Supernova has only about 1/3 the CR of the dnp Alpha RP screen with ambient light, but further development might improve it and kill RP off altogether.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.