AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,
I don't know how many of you here are fans of the old Technics with huge VU but it was a big dream of mine and I am happy owner of Se-a5 (MK1).

Don't have a matching Pre-amp though and I am too young to know the difference between regular and "DC input".

Straight to the question - I've found Su-C1000 preamp which doesn't have the "DC pre-out" like the original matching Su-c6. However, it has DC mode that runs of internal battery for even purer sound.

Now the question I have, should I wait till I find a pre-amp that has "DC outs" to match to the "DC input" of the amp or I should go for the more modern Su-C1000 ?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Folks,
I don't know how many of you here are fans of the old Technics with huge VU but it was a big dream of mine and I am happy owner of Se-a5 (MK1).

Don't have a matching Pre-amp though and I am too young to know the difference between regular and "DC input".

Straight to the question - I've found Su-C1000 preamp which doesn't have the "DC pre-out" like the original matching Su-c6. However, it has DC mode that runs of internal battery for even purer sound.

Now the question I have, should I wait till I find a pre-amp that has "DC outs" to match to the "DC input" of the amp or I should go for the more modern Su-C1000 ?
There isn't much activity here on Vintage gear, try AudioKarma.org

·
Registered
744 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts