AVS Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Absolutely love it! and I hope you dont mind as I might ask a few questions once I give this whole thread another read over. :)

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Here you go:
https://we.tl/t-WpAS8ZkeCb
I included a document with my own random sequence, slats quantity and primer+colour details.
Link is no longer available, would it be possible to upload that related documents to say a google drive folder? I would love to look over them as well and learn from them.

Thank you.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Sure, I can also post here. Got some more time now in quarantine. ;)

I saw this online but made some changes since I didn't have so much space and I had some aesthetic requirements as well.
http://www.aes.org/tmpFiles/elib/20200326/18225.pdf
I'm sure 25" asorption all around would give much more better results which was proven by the author.
I like this concept because it's easy to do and it look "clean" and unobtrusive.

I made a couple of my own random sequences and I chosed the one that had the nicest look. ;)

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Incredible, simply incredible, I wish I had that much know how... do you work in the Acoustic field or was this all self taught? I dont even know where I would begin to try and figure all this out or even know what I am looking at to even start figuring out what needs to be fixed.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Incredible, simply incredible, I wish I had that much know how... do you work in the Acoustic field or was this all self taught? I dont even know where I would begin to try and figure all this out or even know what I am looking at to even start figuring out what needs to be fixed.
Thank you. No, this is just a hobby to me. 3 or 4 years ago I knew very little about this. Even now my knowledge is pretty basic but at least I know now exactly what I'd do different next time. :D
Generally, if you have enough space, you want as much absorption you can get and then cover it with difussive surfaces.
If not, you need to put the treatment on crucial places.
I can recommend some literature which might come handy if you're starting a new build.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Some additional information on audio/video reproduction.

Projector: an old Panasonic PT-AT5000 (AE7000 for US market)
Screen: 99" AV Stumpfl Plana FL (220x204 cm)
Video players: Sony BDP-S5000ES and Kodi (video+sound via NVidia GTX-1060)
TV content: Motorola VIP1003 (ISP lease)

Besides good old stereo with a classic CD player (and tape deck!) there is slightly less vintage solution as well:
Logitech Squeezebox Classic - a digital streamer with music library on a home server (Synology DS216J). This collection can also be used for multi-room audio (I like calling it central audio system, haha) and can be operated with iPeng on iOS devices.

Once Squeezebox was modifed (improved digital section with a BNC connection and powered by a custom DIY power supply) it started to sound just like reference Sony CD player.
I'm using Minidisc as DAC when listening with a stereo preamp. The plan is to use MiniDSP 2x4 HD and integrate 4 subs with my analog preamp.
Subs have L+R inputs for LFE. LEFT channel is now used for surround sound via AVR. RIGHT channel will be used for connecting subs with a stereo preamp (which has two preouts).
Power amp has two inputs so using two preamps is easy.
This would result in a complete stereo and surround separation.

Modified power sockets made the sound slightly less intrusive. I hope dedicated power line helped too.
And that's it! ;)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts