AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This speaker originally belonged to my father who passed away about 12 years ago. I have been hanging onto it in my basement ever since for sentimental reasons, but we have a remodel upon us and it occurred to me that kids will not appreciate it in the future the way I do, so hoping to find someone that will give it a new home and even listen to it from time to time (or sell it overseas as seems to be the trend now, either way).

I don't know the exact year the speaker was built, but best guess is mid to late 1950's. It was part of an entire set that originally had components (turntable and reel to reel) and another pair of Tannoy's in cabinets for stereo is our living room. This speaker was never part of a pair, it was set up in their master BR with a box that sat on top of the speaker made of matching wood that had a volume knob in it. So, hoping to find someone that may be into mono recordings, or may have another Tannoy Silver to make a pair. I realize the pairs would be worth more. I have not played this speaker because I don't have the correct set up to power it up, but can say that the person that ended up with the components and other/pair of speakers same as these have played them up and they sound great.

TANNOY SILVER 15" SPEAKER DUAL CONCENTRIC WITH CROSSOVER AND ORIGINAL DUST CAP. TANOY SILVER DUAL CONCENTRIC LS TYPE LSU/HF/15L 15" DRIVERS MANUFACTURED IN ENGLAND . THEY ARE IN EXCELLENT ORIGINAL CONDITION . SERIAL NUMBER 012967

I have left this speaker in the original cabinet as I see it as part of the value. Not the cabinet itself necessarily as it has some dings from age, but the fact that until I decided to take these photos a few weeks ago, no one has even had the back off this cabinet for decades. For this reason, I would prefer local pickup or glad to meet serious buyer within couple hours of Cincinnati, OH (Columbus, Dayton OH, Louisville or Lexington KY for example) with some mileage expense added. I have not tried eBay yet as the listings on there seem priced for Asian importing frankly, so if anyone in this area is interested let me know. I would consider shipping the entire cabinet or removing the speaker and crossover if no local options materialize.

Consider partial traded on 5.1 or 7.1 surround receiver with HDMI ins and out, Pioneer, Denon or similar.

Thanks!

Geoff

five one three-375-nine four four four to call or text

·
Registered
2 Posts

That is a fairly rare and special speaker you have there....or do you still have it?  I have one just like it and always wanted another to make a pair but the prices are so high.   Too bad I am in Canada and only found your ad today.  Has there been any interest?

Thanks

Allan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Allan,

Thanks for the reply and possibly your voice mail also? Had 2 calls out of the blue and realized I never went back and updated or deleted this posting.

Sorry, but the speaker sold few weeks ago just before taking a spring break trip and I forgot about updating this after the trip.

I ended up having 3 interested parties, and wish I had a couple more to sell. My ask price probably could have been higher frankly, but wanted to keep it simple.

I will try to go back and update the "status" to reflect sold, although this was my first posting on here, so not too familiar with the mechanics of these posts.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Yes, I did leave a voicemail message for you.  I expected that it would not stay around for long.  Thanks for getting back to me.  Best regards,

Allan

·
Registered
1 Posts

Tannoy Silver 15

I also have what appears to be the same  Sn#026724  cabinet looks to be the same best i can tell from the pic's I will entertain a reasonable offer if someone is interested. I am located in Jacksonville Alabama thank"s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts