AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I have the turntabe running to AV5, but as we are sitting here I was wondering how I could get my HTPC up on the screen with the music. I couldn't find anything in the manual allowing me to edit Scenes with separate audio and video, or similar.

All I could think of was to hook it up to my PC audio headphone jack in, and maybe find a toggle app/widget type program that would control the audio source easily for my wife on the HTPC, or set it up to auto play even while say sound is coming in from streaming/the net

Am I missing anything, do you guys have ideas that don't involve $100s or a new receiver?

Setup:
Yamaha RX-V473 receiver
vintage Rotel turntable RCAs to phono preamp w RCA out to receiver
HTPC HDMI to receiver

Receiver Manual - url

THANKS!

·
Registered
11,692 Posts

·
Registered
11,692 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plug the Rotel into this, and then it becomes a switchable HDMI device.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/VGA-R-L-Stereo-Audio-to-HDMI-Converter-w-DC-Adapter/40502166

Still doesn't mix the two HDMI audio's together though...
yeah I think I'll have to take 2 RCA y splitters and run L&Right to AV5 and the other set to the headphone plug/audio in on the PC to be able to surf when turning LPs, and if the wife wants an easy way to turn vinyl without internet she can use AV5

It seems like such an easy setting to provide for your customers. Since you can do it with the radio.... Weird they don't offer scene settings with audio and video selections separate. Watching sports at a party w music (Super bowl) would be another example where this would be needed also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts