AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies if this is the wrong forum. I've got maybe 420+ vinyl LPs sitting in 3 ancient wooden record crates. I want to find something to use a bit less space and that looks better.

I'm thinking perhaps a 3 shelf unit but anything I've seen is designed for books and either doesn't have the shelf spacing correct or doesn't appear sturdy anough to support that many LPs.

What are others using/recommend?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I store most of my albums in an old, heavy, bookcase in another room. But I store 100 or so of the most played in one of my AV Tower Cabinets.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I purchased four Wood thechnolgy units from a local retailer.
http://questforsound.com/accessories...oodLP-rack.htm

They are attractive and easy to assemble(even for a guy who is all thumbs like me).I purchased mine in the cherry veneer.Stacked two high on wheels they(4 units)hold close to 500 albums.The top shelf is perfect for my VPI record cleaning machine.

I have also won several Audiogon auctions for NOS Discwasher wall mount record storage/display units.I use these to display some of my favorites.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
There are more aesthetically pleasing methods out there (but they are everywhere in the best kitchens), but I have put records on InterMetro shelving. Haven't used the solid shelves, however, using a 1"x1" inserted at either end of the "grid" shelving to prevent the records from falling down.

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/s...uctId=10008550

I personally just had carpenters build me something out of 2x12's, held together by a plywood back.

·
Registered
632 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. The 'ikea epedit' showed up in a search at some other forums as well. Unfortunately I'm not in a position for bolting it to the wall.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I built my own from conduit pipe and edge glued wood boards. I'm still working out the overall designs but I plan to use these for all my HT eventually, right now it's just the AV Rack and Vinyl storage. Keep in mind this is in a sucky apartment taken with my iphone and that's as bright as it ever gets in there

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by localhost127 /forum/post/18320672

yep!

cant beat it for the price.

i also got a 4x4 epedit too...but the 2x4 works great when laid on the side for putting gear on top. solid / good quality.

Unfortunately the dimensions aren't good for the space I have. I may need to make a run to Ikea though just to see what else they've got. The Gothic Cabinet Craft product looks almost perfect for me, but shipping costs are going to run almost as much as the unit.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rec630 /forum/post/18337846

Unfortunately the dimensions aren't good for the space I have. I may need to make a run to Ikea though just to see what else they've got. The Gothic Cabinet Craft product looks almost perfect for me, but shipping costs are going to run almost as much as the unit.

Have you checked these guys? http://www.action-storage.co.uk/

·
Registered
11 Posts
i also have the 8 shelf black expedit turned on its side like in that picture above, i have albums on the bottom shelf and the top i use for my roland keyboard, its perfect

1 - 16 of 16 Posts