AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this forum and have spent hour researching but not able to find answer. Please Help.

I currently have vip722 receiver setup with hdmi for tv1 and coax (SD) Tv2.

I am looking to add more tvs with only using one receiver.

Question:

If I get 1X4 PRO Series Powered HDMI Splitter (4922)

Can I watch 4 different channels at the same time?

If yes, do I need any other equipment to make this work?

How do I switch channels (what kind of remote)? Will the receiver know which channel is being changed for which output?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,662 Posts

Quote:
If I get 1X4 PRO Series Powered HDMI Splitter (4922)

Can I watch 4 different channels at the same time?

no.

you cannot add more than two tv's with this receiver. you need to get more receivers to add more tvs. splitting the hdmi cable would give you exactly the same picture on both tvs...if it would work. most of the time you cannot split an hdmi signal due to hdcp issues.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
You can not split a DVI or HDMI signal with a chea "Y" splitter since DVI and HDMI are handshaking protocols and every transmission has to be acknowlege by one and only one destination.

You can get a powered HDMI swith or distribution unit to send HDMI content to multiple destinations concurentlly.

Sending HDMI signals to multiple destinations has asbsolutly nothing to do with HDCP unless the souce of the HDMI content requires HDCP and in this case the HDMI switch or distribution amplifier will not forward the content to those destinations that it is connected to that do not support HDCP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.