AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to get the signal from a Dish Network ViP722, which has a coax output for a second TV, to my projector. The projector has two inputs for VGA 15-pin D-subs (for RGB or component video), one for composite, and one S-video port.

The feed is SD, but it is down converted HD. The projector [NEC LT240K] is XGA resolution (1024 x 768), but we currently use no more than 1024 x 600 (widescreen) for movies. I know that using s-video will be better than composite. I think s-video will pass 486i, but I'm not sure. If the down converted HD is at least 480i, then I would think s-video should suffice. DVDs (at 480p) look fantastic on the PJ. To use S-vid, I would need a tuner that would convert the signal from coax to S-video.

Question #1: Do they still sell VCR's with S-video out? Or should I be looking for a different product?

I could also use the HD TV1 output on the ViP722 and run HDMI (would still need a 'receiver') or component (directly into PJ) to get an HD source (but the cables would have to be run outside the house). Considering the projector is essentially only 600p, is that even worth the trouble?

Question #2a: Can you even run HDMI or Component outside?

Question #2b: If so, would it even be worth it, considering the limited resolution of the display?

Question #2c: If yes, how do I get an HDMI signal into the PJ?

I'm open to all suggestions.

I asked a similar question in the HD tech forum, but this may be a more appropriate place.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I rered our question and my response did not make sense....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts