AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess I hit enter too son... time to edit

I have a shuttle sg33g5 barebones and Onkyo sr805 reciever.

I am using hdmi into the onkyo and everything works perfectly! However since I have zone2 hooked into all the other speakers of the house. When I am playing music I would like to have vista play through both devices (hdmi, and analog out).

Is there a way to do this?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I find the lack of options for routing audio annoying. I don't think there is an easy solution outside of pro audio cards.

You could try a combination of asio4all and bidule. Create two virtual ASIO devices out of the two sound ouputs with asio4all, ASIO from your audio program to bidule, split in bidule to the two virtual ASIO ouputs. I haven't tried doing anything like this so can't guarantee it will work.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangledPoly /forum/post/15426527

Guess I hit enter too son... time to edit

I am using hdmi into the onkyo and everything works perfectly! However since I have zone2 hooked into all the other speakers of the house. When I am playing music I would like to have vista play through both devices (hdmi, and analog out).

I've been trying to accomplish this for about a year... I had it working fine with XP MCE (output digital & analog to the Onkyo simultaneously) but lost that capability when I moved "up" to Vista.

So far, the only viable solution I've heard any success with is to split the digital coax output from the soundcard ... one to the digital coax in on the Onkyo, the other to a D2A converter, then take that analog output LR to the analog input on the Onkyo.

I tried fiddling with some of the multi-stream software solutions - no luck yet.

Any other ideas, especially about good/cheap D-A converters, would be most welcome!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.