AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a CHEAP soundcard for my PC that has coax SPDIF passthrough (for AC3) and that's Vista compatable, does anyone know of any makes/models that will suit?

I currently use XP MCE and my soundcard is an intel onboard one that works perfectly (with coax SPDIF passthrough) but the Vista Advisor says it's the only thing on my PC that isn't Vista compatable

any advice would be greatly appreciated (don't need links as I'm in the UK so US stores won't help, just after makes/models)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Advise: Don't upgrade to Vista.

If you haven't already, read up on it and you will find more problems than you probably want to deal with. Personally, the menu system alone drives me insane but I refuse to support the DMR movement MS is making for now. I've had and played with the full retail Vista since it hit the corp market last year and it just isn't worth it for now. Wait 6 months to a year before upgrading for support and stability, unless you just have to play back 1080p disc content...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeorwned /forum/post/0

Advise: Don't upgrade to Vista.

If you haven't already, read up on it and you will find more problems than you probably want to deal with. Personally, the menu system alone drives me insane but I refuse to support the DMR movement MS is making for now. I've had and played with the full retail Vista since it hit the corp market last year and it just isn't worth it for now. Wait 6 months to a year before upgrading for support and stability, unless you just have to play back 1080p disc content...

cheers for that, but I'm getting it free from work and I'm setting up a dual boot system at home (XP MCE & Vista) so no point in waiting for it to mature, I'll just download updates in the future

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.