AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Sapphire 690G HDMI motherboard (PI-AM2RS690MHD) with AMD 4600 X2 and 4GB RAM in my HTPC. VISTA Ultimate x64 drives it.

HTPC is connected to Sony receiver via co-axial SPDIF.

With VISTA (and no Service Pack), everything works fine. Don't even have to load any drivers from Sapphire.

But as soon as I install SP1, the audio is gone. Can't even play windows sounds, let alone 5.1. All I hear is some static. Latest drivers from Sapphire or Realtek do nothing.

Can anybody please help me solve this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Are you connected with digital or analog. I'm connected via digital coax and after SP1, my system reverted back to analog. I just had to change it back to digital in the control panel and once again in Vista Media Center setup.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you tell me where exactly are these settings?

All I found in VMC Setup under Sound, was selecting options for 2, 5/1 or 7/1. And nothing under Sound in Control Panel.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Is it possible that when you did the SP1 update other audio driver updates were also available and installed?

You might want to try rolling back the audio driver in device manager. That happened to mine - the digital stopped working. Rolled back the driver and all is fine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts