AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with the Visteon Butt Shakers? They look identical to the Buttkickers. Although I believe they are 2 ohms each. They can be bought a lot cheaper on ebay than the buttkickers. Also, how low of a load can the plate amps(ex. bash) be bridged down, 2,1 ohm?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Visteon Bass Audio Sensation

apparently they have been around since 2004, but this is the first that I've heard of them. They are selling them on ebay for 70 bucks new via "buy it now" which is a pretty good deal because used buttkickers sell for about 90-100 bucks used. Only difference is the resistence 4 ohm vs 2 ohm. You would need a beefy amp to drive them at 2 ohms. Not too many amps work well at that resistance. I don't believe Bash amps will drive 2 ohms, but they do make quite a few types. I would just try to pick up a used buttkicker amp ($170-200) which is stable to 2 ohms and if you pick up 2 shakers, wire them (in series?) so that the resistance stays at 2 ohms.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggemmill17 /forum/post/15558571

Anyone have any info on the bash plate amps? How low can you bridge them down?

The bash amps won't go below 4ohm. You'll need to buy two shakers and wire them in series for a 4ohm load. There are other wiring options (for more shakers) but you won't be getting the most out of a bash amp (unless you go to 8 shakers then you can get a 4 ohm load again).

An alternative would be to pick up a Behringer EP1500 to power them. It's a pro audio amp that can push a 2ohm load no problem. I don't know much about shakers but I'm pretty sure it will be WAY more power than you need for these.

·
Registered
75 Posts
At $70 apiece, it looks like a good price...

Is there any reason not to pair these up with an existing buttkicker setup? I've got an amp + 2 buttkickers currently.

To not overload the amp, I'd wire them as follows, which would keep it at a 3 ohm load (buttkicker = 4 ohm, visteon = 2 ohm)

amp --> buttkicker1 --> visteon1

\\--> buttkicker2 --> visteon2

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
More feedback on those? How do they compare to buttkicker's?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts