AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering purchasing a PWD6UY from Visual Apex, but am wondering what the standard warranty is on this unit. Also, does VA offer extended warranty options? Is an extended warranty recommended?

Thanks,

Dan.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I bought from V.A. I also bought the same model as you. Their service before and after sale is excellent. Standard warranty is 1 year is carry-in to Panasonic service center. I almost always buy extended warrantie and decided to not get one this time. It is said most failure rates are in the first three months. You can get one later usually, as long as you get it before original one runs out. I'm giving myself some time to think more on it.

V.A. does sell Phillips Extended warranty. From what I understand an excellent warranty.

Good luck, Tom

·
Registered
75 Posts
The warrantees I see for sale extend the warranty beyond the manufacturer's warranty, and they claim In-home service. I extended my warranty by one year by purchasing with my Amex. I am comfortable with the 2 year coverage period, but I would be willing to buy a warranty that was In-home from day one. Are these products available?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm usually anti extended warranty, but for something this expensive, it might be worth it.

Dan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.