AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
1,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemaster /forum/post/0

http://www.tvpredictions.com/debbie011207.htm


The first bd release will be Debbie Does Dallas in April.


HD DVD edition release on same day.

Not gonna happen! This post was about last year. They are all united with HD DVD now.

Quote:
Vivid, which generates $100 million in sales annually, told TVPredictions.com last November that it would release its debut HDTV DVD on Blu-ray first and HD-DVD later
 

· Banned
Joined
·
3,752 Posts

Quote:
Steve Hirsch confirmed again last night on CNBC that it would release Debbie Does Dallas...Again on Blu-ray and HD-DVD.

It is very possible, and actually likely, that Steve Hirsch PLANS to release on Blu-ray but has not yet contacted a BD replicator to have his hat handed to him.


The only other possibility in light of the statements by a US Sony rep on this forum is that there may be a replicator in Japan that is more open-minded.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
118 Posts
I would say it is a 50-50 they will print on blu-ray. G4 t.v. had AEE coverage last night and when they interviewed Vivid girls there was a banner in the background which clearly had blu-ray and hd-dvd labeled on whatever movie the banner was for.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert George /forum/post/0


It is very possible, and actually likely, that Steve Hirsch PLANS to release on Blu-ray but has not yet contacted a BD replicator to have his hat handed to him.


The only other possibility in light of the statements by a US Sony rep on this forum is that there may be a replicator in Japan that is more open-minded.

If he's announced a specific specific title with a release date, he's not only contacted them, he's already scheduled production.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
353 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert George /forum/post/0


It is very possible, and actually likely, that Steve Hirsch PLANS to release on Blu-ray but has not yet contacted a BD replicator to have his hat handed to him.


The only other possibility in light of the statements by a US Sony rep on this forum is that there may be a replicator in Japan that is more open-minded.


Just saw a video clip and he stated Vivid was able to find a replicator but it was "difficult and they tried to block us".
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8,368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclifton /forum/post/0


Just saw a video clip and he stated Vivid was able to find a replicator but it was "difficult and they tried to block us".

Link?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
True one porn title for blu-ray thats it . I believe if they keep getting **** for this they will leave not worth the extra hassle and money. Plus does anyone like dealing with someone that thinks you are beneath them?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
23,182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclifton /forum/post/0


Sorry about that. Here it is, hope it works heh.

http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=DC...=&fg=&GT1=8921

I thought the most interesting comment I saw was at the end when he said that the adult industry is in flux right now where it used to be that 90% of their business was DVD and this year it will be 40% (I think he even said less than 40%). I'm guessing online is becoming a bigger portion, but he didn't make that clear.


--Darin
 

· Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Or the fact that all but one studio will start producing HD movies for HD-DVD lets say 30 percent will go to HD DVD the rest online pron.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclifton /forum/post/0


Just saw a video clip and he stated Vivid was able to find a replicator but it was "difficult and they tried to block us".

I'd like to see a price on that if/when it comes out.


It may give some idea how much the Sony subsidy is for Blu-ray manufactured discs.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
23,182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickering Hound /forum/post/0


I'd like to see a price on that if/when it comes out.


It may give some idea how much the Sony subsidy is for Blu-ray manufactured discs.

If we could get prices for disc replication it could be interesting. But with movies priced at $49.95 or so, they could take a couple dollar hit per disc without changing the retail price at all. Not that I think it is a couple of dollars for what they are likely to use (a BD25). Heck, the first HD DVD looks like it takes less than 8GB for the movie and they could have used an HD9. As I said elsewhere, I wonder if some of these porn studios will release on HD9s and BD9s. Might make it easier.


--Darin
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8,368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclifton /forum/post/0


Sorry about that. Here it is, hope it works heh.

http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=DC...=&fg=&GT1=8921

Thx. Doesn't work in Camino or Safari, but works in Firefox.


Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2 /forum/post/0


If we could get prices for disc replication it could be interesting. But with movies priced at $49.95 or so, they could take a couple dollar hit per disc without changing the retail price at all. Not that I think it is a couple of dollars for what they are likely to use (a BD25). Heck, the first HD DVD looks like it takes less than 8GB for the movie and they could have used an HD9. As I said elsewhere, I wonder if some of these porn studios will release on HD9s and BD9s. Might make it easier.

Ironically, it seems the porn people are more likely to use interactive features.
I think the extra space would be beneficial to them.


P.S. Does anyone beyond porn studios use alternate angles?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
353 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGsArEtAsTy /forum/post/0


Thx. Doesn't work in Camino or Safari, but works in Firefox.




Ironically, it seems the porn people are more likely to use interactive features.
I think the extra space would be beneficial to them.


P.S. Does anyone beyond porn studios use alternate angles?

Out of about 600 DVD's that I own the only one I can think of that has multiple angles is a Metallica concert boxed set. And its only there for 3 songs.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert George /forum/post/0


It is very possible, and actually likely, that Steve Hirsch PLANS to release on Blu-ray but has not yet contacted a BD replicator to have his hat handed to him.


The only other possibility in light of the statements by a US Sony rep on this forum is that there may be a replicator in Japan that is more open-minded.

Really? link please.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8,368 Posts
Lagosian,


Vivid encountered the very same resistance from Blu-ray replicators, but was eventually able to get someone to do it.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top