Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://vividlogic.com/news/SA_Final_0918.pdf

VividLogic selected to provide IEEE 1394 for Scientific-Atlanta High-Definition Digital Cable Set-Top Boxes FREMONT, California, September 18, 2003 – VividLogic Inc, a leading provider of digital home entertainment software based on IEEE 1394 (aka. Firewire and iLink), today announced that Scientific-Atlanta selected VividLogic's premium FireBus® software for use in its high-definition digital cable set-top boxes. “We are happy to be working with VividLogic as our supplier of IEEE 1394 software for our innovative HD products, the Explorer 3250HD, 4200HD, and 8000HD,†said Jeff Seebeck, Director of Product Strategy and Management for Subscriber Networks, Scientific-Atlanta.

“Our search for a commercially proven IEEE 1394 software provider led us to VividLogic, as they offered a complete solution." FireBus software enables cable set-top boxes to intelligently connect and exchange digital (HD and SD) content among networked devices (Digital TV, Digital VCR) while simultaneously protecting the content from being illegally copied by using 5C content protection, and to comply with the FCC’s plug-and-play Notice of Proposed Rule Making (NPRM). “We are pleased to be a part of the Scientific-Atlanta solution,†said Shiva Patibanda, Chief Executive Officer, VividLogic, Inc. “FireBus software is deployed in several leading brands of Digital TV. We offer the most comprehensive end-to-end solution that is proven to work on both digital TVs and set-top boxes (satellite and cable)â€. FireBus® software is compliant with one-way digital cable-DTV MOU, EIA-775A, CEA-931A, DTV Linkâ„¢, HAViâ„¢, IEEE-1394, 5C, AVC and IEC-61883 protocols.

VividLogic’s Software Development Kits and compliance test tools significantly improve time to market and help jump-start application development. The software is the industry’s most flexible software stack that is pre-integrated with leading HD decoders, IEEE-1394 chipsets and with a wide range of Operating Systems, offering customers a wide selection of platform choices.

About VividLogic VividLogic is the leading provider of IEEE 1394 based Home Networking software on several embedded platforms. VividLogic’s FireBus software is deployed in leading brands of Digital TVs, Digital STB, AVHDD and VCRs in the market today. For more information visit www.VividLogic.com. # # #

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Well I with any luck, we will be able to use our computer as extra storage for our 8000hd.

It would also be nice to just plug an SA box into a Mitsu TV and not require any programming or setup of Netcommand/Remote.

It would also be cool if were able to use the tuner build into our TV to record to an 8000hd.

The more I think about it the more possibilities I can think of.

The biggest question is "Can I buy Vividlogic's Stock?"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.