AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a vivitek d538 to replace my aging Panasonic ax100. To compare the projectors I'm laden with mixed feelings. I'll abreviate the names to V and P from this point on.

V is a lot brghter than p. Both produce a decent image although v gives me a screen door while p is way less noticable. V has a cheap ass remote that is finiky to opperate. I never had this problem with p.

This isn't a review, just an intro. Here is my issue. Without displaying a source the v gives me a decent black. The splash screen and no input signal screen images and black levels look nice. However when I display an input source with a black screen( let's say a game loading screen). The blacks are more a milky gray. I've tries using all the presets and gamma corrections but it isn't fixing the problem. I never had this issue with the p projector. The p was LCD and v is a dlp. Is this a DLp issue?

Also I was under the impression that DLp was way faster than LCD but I still get a lot of motion blur in fast scenes. Is this normal. The motion blur has me worried that when I get 3d glasses the image will be crap.

Input and suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Not sure if the Panasonic ax100 had it, but I do think the ax200 had a setting, I do not know it's real name , so for lack of a better word, I'll call it a "Blurr" setting. It would help hide Screen door a bit and give a softer more "Film Like" image..

Aside from that, DLPs are known for being very sharp, so screen door can be seen, if you are sitting too close to the screen.

I don't know what tweeking needs to be done, but I have a gut feeling there are setting that can be made in a menu somewhere, to fix your problems with projector "V".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts