AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am going to hope I can stretch out my Optoma HD 80 another 2 or three years until LED can produce at least 1500 lumens and they resolve some of the other minor issues. I have to wonder if they will ever produce a solid state laser DLP front projector based on laservue???

·
Registered
28,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Turk /forum/post/17121442

LED will certainly get brighter, but it is not there yet. We have been playing with another one and I have to say the image is amazing, just not overly bright.

BenQ W30000, by chance?

·
Registered
120 Posts

Quote:

LED will certainly get brighter, but it is not there yet. We have been playing with another one and I have to say the image is amazing, just not overly bright.

are these leds so expensive?why cant they use 2 leds for each color instead of one?

·
Registered
12,092 Posts

Quote:

Jason, Art's review says '~400 lumens in its best mode'; is that about what you find? If so, that's not so bad. E.g., on my 126" diag HP screen that would produce a bit over 20 ftL. And my RS20 is below that output after a 1000 hrs on the lamp.

I'm not interested in this particular projector, but if 400 to 500 lumens (calibrated) is possible, I think that is very close to doing the job. Maybe not 1 year from now, but perhaps in 2.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill /forum/post/17141146

Jason, Art's review says '~400 lumens in its best mode'; is that about what you find? If so, that's not so bad. E.g., on my 126" diag HP screen that would produce a bit over 20 ftL. And my RS20 is below that output after a 1000 hrs on the lamp.

I'm not interested in this particular projector, but if 400 to 500 lumens (calibrated) is possible, I think that is very close to doing the job. Maybe not 1 year from now, but perhaps in 2.

Bill, the 1100 lumen barrier was cracked last year. Its now a matter of R&D work that allows for affordability and a sensible footprint etc.

I think in 2 years we will have some really serious performers available. Foe example,in 2 years CR will be a meaningless specification.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.