AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vizio's launch PR regarding the 2015 M-Series just came out today:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...s-ultra-hd-smart-tv-collection-300064474.html

And it contains an interesting tidbit:

"VIZIO is committed to providing mainstream access to Ultra HD technology," said Matt McRae, Chief Technology Officer, VIZIO. "Last fall we disrupted the market with the VIZIO 50" P-Series Ultra HD Smart TV, now the #1 Selling UHD TV (3) , and this year, we're poised to do it again with M-Series. Ultra HD is here to stay and consumers are continuing to seek out technologies that deliver a more immersive entertainment experience. With Ultra HD content options on the rise, VIZIO is committed to ensuring consumers have the ability to enjoy the enhancements in picture quality in their homes at the best possible value."

The quote has footnote 3 which states this:

(3) The NPD Group/Weekly Tracking Service, January 5, 2014 – March 14, 2015, Flat Panel TV Display Resolution 3840x2160, Units Sold

So I'm pretty sure that means NPD believes Vizio sold more 4K TVs than any other vendor in Q1(or at least through March 14 ;)) than any other vendor (probably just in North America).

·
AVS Forum Addicted Member
541 Posts
I hope that they hammer the other manufacturers pricing down...although I don't own a Vizio I am delighted that they are creating a competitive landscape when it comes to display pricing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts