AVS Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Service Menu code?

I'm needing the service enu code for the V-series so I can set the tv to power on automatically when power is restored.

Can anybody help?

Thanks!

·
Registered
12,973 Posts
I noticed a few times when I exited an app like Youtube or Prime Video, it went back to a blank home screen instead of SmartCast. Annoying because there is no other way to launch apps like YouTube (which is not part of the express launch button on the remote).

Also, the network speed test built into YouTube shows consistently slower network speed (I have FIOS Gigabit internet) both wired and AC wireless: mostly below 50mbps. Compare that to the Samsung TV's YouTube app, 75mbps wired, over 100mbps wireless, sitting side by side to this TV. This manifested as various streaming apps always start with very low resolution and slowly ramp up to the 4K quality.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Anyone manage to get their hands on a V436-G1 with an IPS panel? The CNET review states that some of these will have IPS vs VA panels, and I wanted to see how much I should worry about picking one up with an IPS screen if that's all that's in stock around me.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm looking at the V405-G9, mainly for two reasons - physical size (width) limitation and native AirPlay2.

In my first wanderings, i saw folks have issues with the lack of new apps. How much is that a real world issue? Which one(s) are missing that causes the most aggravation? Is YouTube TV included? Is having AirPlay2 in essence make that a non-issue?

Since it's for the bedroom, it will really just be for casual viewing, so I'm not that concerned with minor picture issues. I probably won't even add a sound bar.

Comments, please.

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I can't speak for AirPlay 2 since I don't use anything Apple. And yes YouTube TV is now available on the SmartCast OS. As far as my experience has been with SmartCast it's been a passable but occasionally a clunky experience sometimes with the overall responsiveness being the worst factor for me. The app selection is getting better now though, with Movies Anywhere app making it's debut on Vizio TVs just last week ago.
I hope SmartCast 4.0 that the 2020 Vizio TVs will use will have a more satisfying experience.

·
Registered
12,973 Posts
AirPlay2 works but my first try failed. So, it is not very consistent. It won't replace the native app though as casting via it produce lower resolution videos it seems. You want native apps or a dedicated stream box because the internal upscaler really does a poor job. Most popular apps are supported in SmartCast including YouTube TV. But I found the network interface (either wifi or wired) is slow so that it takes couple seconds for stream apps to ramp up resolution.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Recently purchased a VIZIO V405-H from Costco. Started noticing issues when my son would play XBOX using HDMI-1, and then I'd switch over to HDMI-2 to watch DirecTV and there would be no audio - just video (the XBOX works fine). Is there some setting on the TV that is causing incompatibility with DirecTV HR24 box? The only way to get sound back is to unplug the TV and wait about 30 secs and then plug it back in. I've switched cables and inputs and get the same response. Thoughts?

·
Registered
12,973 Posts
Have you tried something else like a BD player or streaming box? It sounds like the problem with DTV H24 box. Also, when this happens, try unplug/re-plug the HDMI cable to force a new handshake between TV and H24.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine is starting to have HDMI issues as well. I changed cables, problem still happens. V556-g1 and an Nvidia Shield. I have to press the House button on the tv remote, then change back to HDMI 2 (where my Shield is plugged in).

EDIT : I disconnected the TV from the WiFi, and the problem seems to have gone away. I have been having some internet blips, and that seems to be related. My guess is that the TV OS is executing some code on either internet disconnection or reconnection, which causes the HDMI handshake to behave badly. I'll update this thread if the problem returns in the next few days.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts