AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Vizio 37 inch TV (E370VL) and am using the built in speakers. I use my PS3 to watch Blu-Rays on it and play games. On to my Question: I have been noticing dialogue is hard to hear in some scenes of Blu-Ray movies. I did some research on this (still unclear on the issue), and maybe thought it had something to do with the audio codec I am using. When I let the PS3 auto set it up, it lists Dolby Digital 5.1 Ch., Linear PCM 2 Ch. 44.1 kHz, and Linear PCM 2 CH. 48kHz. I assume the last two are correct (which are the defaults), but what about the 5.1 setting seeing as I only use the built in speakers on my tv? What other audio codec options should I have selected? Also my TV has this SRS Trusurround HD setting, what exactly is that? I really just want to make sure I am getting the best sound I possibly can from the tv's built in speakers for now until I get some actual good ones.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethmygibbons
The PS3 may be bitstreaming the Dolby Digital to your Vizio. You should turn off that setting.
So should I only have the two defaults selected? (I have the PS3 set to Linear PCM over HDMI By the way)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.