AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that there is no "Official Thread" for this TV. This is the 37" that Wal-Mart is selling. On HD, it has a very nice picture but the SD channels, like on many HDTVs, are just not that sharp. I have my video hooked up through HDMI but can't find a way to turn off the internal speakers and hook up my home theater. Have any of you who own this television figured out a way to do it?

Also, I would be very interested in your settings if you have run a calibration test on your VW37L. Please post them.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisherbert /forum/post/0

Are you using a cable box or satellite receiver? If so you should be able to run the sound separately to the receiver. Then just turn off the TV speakers or turn them all the way down.

I have both DISH and DIRECTV (during baseball season, for mlb extra innings) On our other TV, we were running DISH video thru HDMI and Directv video through S video and using optical audio. Well, the Vizio doesn't have an S video or optical audio connection on it.

The way it was set up, sound wise, was that the sound was running from both satellite receivers through our Sony Audio receiver, sort of in a circle. Now it's just coming out of the TV speakers.

I'm missing something here, I know. HELP!

·
Registered
142 Posts
In your case MaryS if you are just trying to get surround or stereo from a cable/sat box then you would use the best connection you have available from you cable/sat box send it to your receiver then one cable from you receiver to your HDTV

so it looks kind of like this:

line in wall--->into input on STB (set top box)

STB's best available connection(HDMI,DVI,Component...)---->into the proper spot on your reciever

from reciever's best available connection out -----> HDTV's input and there you have it sound from your speaker set up and picture on your HDTV

note if your using dvi,or component, or s-video out of your STB then you will have to also use a optical/coaxial cable to the appropriate spot on your reciever

·
Registered
3,951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS910 /forum/post/0

I noticed that there is no "Official Thread" for this TV. This is the 37" that Wal-Mart is selling. On HD, it has a very nice picture but the SD channels, like on many HDTVs, are just not that sharp. I have my video hooked up through HDMI but can't find a way to turn off the internal speakers and hook up my home theater. Have any of you who own this television figured out a way to do it?

Also, I would be very interested in your settings if you have run a calibration test on your VW37L. Please post them.

Thanks in advance!

Could you post some pics? The black looks nice on the tv commercial, but my Walmart doesn't carry these tvs yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.