AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vizio VF550M HDMI 1 went no signal about a month ago, now HDMI 3 is doing the same thing. HDMI's 2,4,and 5 are working OK. All cables checked and good, tried reset and also left unplugged overnight. Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this and how to fix it..

Thanks for any help

TC

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,723 Posts
Probably not much you can do unless your a service tech. Sounds like the input board is going bad. If the unit is still under warranty, get it in.

You can always try the standard advice of doing a full reset or firmware/software upgrades available from the manufacturer, in both cases if possible.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
What did you have hooked up to those ports? If you had the same device hooked up to both I would be looking at that device to see if it is maybe improperly grounded or something like that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI and thanks for the info. The only device connected to the TV is the comcast (cisco) dvr box. I guess its possible it is not grounded, although it is plugged into a grounded outlet. and yesterday HDMI 2 went out. I'll soon be out of HDMI's 2 out of 5 left.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately, the warranty was up just before this issue started, I was hoping its not one of the boards, but its looking more like it. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,723 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerstalker /forum/post/20808895

What did you have hooked up to those ports? If you had the same device hooked up to both I would be looking at that device to see if it is maybe improperly grounded or something like that.

Good idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts