AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayRe...04950369&EDATE

In a nutshell a 2.0 player with full internal decoding (TrueHD, DTS-HD-MA) and 7.1 analog outs for an MSRP of $199. Expect street pricing/sales in the range of $149-179.

Solid deal.

Quote:
The VIZIO Blu-ray Player

Providing the most superb images and stunning audio performance, Blu-ray discs deliver 1080p perfection. Retailing for $199.99, the release of VIZIO's VBR100 Blu-ray Player means everyone can afford to bring these exquisite sights and sounds into their home theater.

Outfitted with a 108MHz/11-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC), the VBR100 delivers phenomenal 1080p video from native Blu-rays discs and offers selectable 720p/1080i/1080p video upconversion for standard definition DVD discs (HDMI output only).

A 24-bit/192kHz audio Digital to Analog Converter ensures pristine audio playback from all of the latest surround sound formats. The VBR100 provides built-in audio decoding for uncompressed audio formats such as Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, and multi-channel PCM in additional to all other surround codecs (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and DTS).

The super-slim player will fit in any entertainment cabinet, and is not only compatible with Blu-ray discs and BD-Live content, but it plays standard definition DVD-Video, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD, audio CD-R and CD-RW, plus MP3 CDs.

Additional VBR100 Features

Video outputs: HDMI (1.3), component, and composite

Audio outputs: 7.1 channel analog audio, coax and optical digital audio, and analog stereo (RCA)

Dimensions: 17 X 11 X 2"

Includes Remote Control

Availability: April 2009

Price: $199.99

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
hmmm... gizmodo is saying it is not yet (FW?) 2.0, but the PR says compatible with BD-Live content. Good deal if it is 2.0... likely $150 for a 2.0 internal decoding, 7.1 analog-out player. now if they would just throw in the reon chips they use on their flagship LCD for that price

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougri /forum/post/15489029

hmmm... gizmodo is saying it is not yet (FW?) 2.0, but the PR says compatible with BD-Live content. Good deal if it is 2.0... likely $150 for a 2.0 internal decoding, 7.1 analog-out player. now if they would just throw in the reon chips they use on their flagship LCD for that price

Haha. Can you imagine if the threw the REON in? Even videophiles would probably pick one of these players up as secondary players or for their bedrooms.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk /forum/post/15489202

Haha. Can you imagine if the threw the REON in? Even videophiles would probably pick one of these players up as secondary players or for their bedrooms.

yeah... I wish, but seeing as how there is no mention of HQV in their updated XVT LCDs, I highly doubt we will be seeing that anytime soon... I think they may have realized the ceiling on their branding... 120Hz? check, you can mass market that. lcd backlighting. check. gazillion to one dynamic contrast. check. really good 1080p upscaling vs just plain old 1080p upscaling? customer asks "why would I want to pay $1200 for a vizio when I can get last year's sony for $1300?"

On another note, it looks like gizmodo removed their non BD-Live assertion.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Vizio is really making strides in the consumer electronics world. Price/performance seems to be amoung the best.

2 years ago I scoffed at Vizio. Now I am starting to take notice with their 2009 product announcements. Not just LCD TV but this disc player too.

·
Registered
17,699 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevivoe /forum/post/15921866

Vizio is really making strides in the consumer electronics world. Price/performance seems to be amoung the best.

2 years ago I scoffed at Vizio. Now I am starting to take notice with their 2009 product announcements. Not just LCD TV but this disc player too.

Heck yeah. I couldn't be more pleased with the Vizio LCD I bought a year ago. It may not have a ton of extra features, but it has what I need and the image is beautiful - including upscaled video. I would definitely buy another one to replace one of the old analog TVs I still have around.

The BD player, though, I'll stick with the Sammy I just bought. For that, the features are essential.

·
Registered
187 Posts
This is supposedly launching next month yet I've not heard anything new on this player. Has anyone seen a definitive launch date or any early hands on experience from anyone?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Sent an email to Vizio about this player RE: price, release, etc.

Here is the response:

"We hope to release late summer of 2009.

Best regards,

Ofelia Galindres

Sales Representative

"America's Fastest Growing HDTV Company"

39 Tesla

Irvine, CA 92618

Direct: (949) 428-2505

Fax: (949) 428-2505

EMail: [email protected]

visit us: www.vizio.com "

·
Registered
1,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt12483 /forum/post/16070053

Sent an email to Vizio about this player RE: price, release, etc.

Here is the response:

"We hope to release late summer of 2009.

Best regards,

Ofelia Galindres

Sales Representative

"America's Fastest Growing HDTV Company"

39 Tesla

Irvine, CA 92618

Direct: (949) 428-2505

Fax: (949) 428-2505

EMail: [email protected]

visit us: www.vizio.com "

Ugh... Figures... I shoulda known, I kept thinking that if it were really coming out in April we would have seen it on their website by now.

·
Registered
796 Posts

Quote:
As for the company’s previously announced Blu-ray Disc player, Schindler said it now plans to launch its VBR100 BD-Live ready Blu-ray Disc as a Walmart exclusive in late July, carrying a $188 selling price. The player will support BD-Live interactive extras when an optional 1GB (or larger) USB thumb drive is connected to the player’s USB 2.0 port.

Vizio will follow up in the November/December time frame by offering the VBR110 Blu-ray player with similar features and price point for the rest of its retail customers, Schindler said.

Schindler said Vizio is also considering offering specially priced bundles of TVs and Blu-ray Disc players to maintain the strong demand for its brand, which recently reached the No. 1 LCD TV market share position in the United States, according to several first-quarter market research studies.
http://www.twice.com/article/CA6667032.html

·
Registered
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert George /forum/post/16709215

LG is planning a new player in a couple of months at $199 retail.

And not just for Walmart shoppers.

link please

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Excellent. I love the fact that Vizio and LG are introducing sub $200 players. This kind of competition will help lower prices.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Thank god, only another month to wait! Thank you VIZIO (and Walmart!).

Edit: Oh hell, nevermind. They lied to us at CES. No multichannel analog audio. I waited all these months in vain. Sorely disappointed.

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
My guess is that the Vizio is going to be marketed in a bundles with their HDTV's at Wal-Mart, Costco, and other outlets. The price point of $188 is simply to create the perception of value in the mind of the consumer so that the bundled price will seem to be a big bargain.

Bob

1 - 20 of 94 Posts