·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Quick question: does local dimming zones really matter?. Cause i know that:
2016 M series has 64
2016 P series has 128
2017 P series has 128 also
But..
2017 M series went down to the 2015 model of 32 zones.. is this to compansate for wider color gamut and 600 nit peak brightness???
I'd say it is a cost trade-off. Only way to get WCG and still hit the M series price points was to reduce zone count in conjunction with a slower panel ( 60Hz ). And yes, I decided not to return my 2016 M70 to Costco even though I was still within the 90 day window because I like having more zones. This is especially critical with HDR content IMO.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I got the 3.2.8.3 firmware update today on my M60-D1. Can someone point me to where I can see what was changed? Vizio's web site shows older firmware.
Just go to the first posting in this thread on Page 1. Matt McCrae gives a brief outline of all the changes and fixes.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just go to the first posting in this thread on Page 1. Matt McCrae gives a brief outline of all the changes and fixes.
Thanks. Interesting about the Dolby vision improvements. Last week, I had to do a factory reset to get vision from Netflix to work again at all. But now following this update, Dolby vision initial playback from Netflix displays static/digital-snow. I've seen this on 5 different titles so far today. It appears to clear up after several seconds. But I haven't watch an entire episode to know if this annomoly happens past initial loading or not.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hey everyone I got the latest update and I'm curious to your calibration settings! Would like to see what you guys have. I own the m60-d1 and also I game on the Xbox one so if you have any settings there shoot them my way! Thanks in advance

·
Registered
75 Posts
M60-d1

Hi guys. Woke up the other morning and noticed my TV updated. Now I can't change any 11 point calibration. It keeps going back to 0. That's any source. Please help. I have already factory reset twice. thank you

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Hi guys. Woke up the other morning and noticed my TV updated. Now I can't change any 11 point calibration. It keeps going back to 0. That's any source. Please help. I have already factory reset twice. thank you
This is a known bug that will be fixed next patch. We have to wait.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
If you play content with a 1080P or lower res signal, you will then be able to change the 11 point settings. The bug only shows up with 4K signals.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Tried like 10 times to update using the link provided for the 3.2 firmware. It hangs every time, multiple computers and usb drives. Did others get it to work
My p50 updated a week ago but cant get the p75 to update

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Is there a hard reset Idk about? I reset it through the tablet remote. Thanks
The factory reset from the tablet should do the trick, but you can go further by turning off the TV, and then unplugging from AC, and then hold down the power button on the back of the set for 30 seconds. That will force-clear any data/settings that might still be holding out in its non-volatile memory.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Idk why but after it updated itself 1080p or lower stays at 0. At least my TV does. I hate watching using only presets. Can't wait for new update. Thanks though.
That should not be the case. My guess is that your playback source/device is auto-upscaling to 4K even though the media/content is 1080P - which is locking out edit access to the 11 point. Also, each color temp setting has its own CMS table, so if you set things using "Normal" and then change to "Cool", the new table will be all 0's until you go back to "Normal", and vice versa. Each HDR mode gets its own CMS table, so if you start watching something with DV or HDR10, you'll see zeros as well.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Tried like 10 times to update using the link provided for the 3.2 firmware. It hangs every time, multiple computers and usb drives. Did others get it to work
My p50 updated a week ago but cant get the p75 to update
Yes, it worked fine for me.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Yes, it worked fine for me.
I guess I will have to wait till they push it. The set just refuses to update via usb drive. I just dont get it. When the stick is plugged in it loads about 15% every time and just stops.
On NO INPUT
fat format
just the 2 files,
No Dice

·
Registered
58 Posts
I guess I will have to wait till they push it. The set just refuses to update via usb drive. I just dont get it. When the stick is plugged in it loads about 15% every time and just stops.
On NO INPUT
fat format
just the 2 files,
No Dice
Did it stop loading or updating? Mine loaded, and when updating, got stuck on 20% for a good while then continued.

621 - 640 of 1304 Posts