AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by avf5  /t/1417711/vizio-co-star-vap430-gtv-set-top-box#post_22304738

How to re-pair the remote with the unit? Anyone?
Would the “Factory reset” button on the bottom of the unit somehow serves as a remote re-pair?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie in NH  /t/1417711/vizio-co-star-vap430-gtv-set-top-box#post_22305202

http://store.vizio.com/costar.html

go to the "support "drop down menu and down load the manual

Thanks,

(from the manual) Press [V] > Devices > Pair Devices > … (that will need a paired remote or a backup remote).

Is there any hardware re-pair button on the unit? In case for some reason the included remote become unpaired.

Update:To re-pair Co-star's Remote to the unit - here

·
Registered
6 Posts
As I read it the remote is paired once setup is complete...(it does not specify in what part of the setup process this is accomplished..i would suspect fairly early )....I would assume to re-pair it with the receiver you would run setup again.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie in NH  /t/1417711/vizio-co-star-vap430-gtv-set-top-box#post_22307079

.......I would assume to re-pair it with the receiver you would run setup again.

Looks that way (from he manual). Unless there is an alternative way & is not mentioned in the manual yet (hopefully).

Generally all GTV boxes have a remote re-pair button on the units.

Update: To re-pair Co-star's Remote to the unit - here

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Extremely worthless.

As an aside, can we get this thread and the other thread merged? It's kind of a pain to have to check both threads to get information and updates on the player.

·
UHD Addict
38,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by avf5  /t/1417711/vizio-co-star-vap430-gtv-set-top-box#post_22314636

Finally someone got his Co-star – video here.

That remote looks gigantic!!

·
UHD Addict
38,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamerlover  /t/1417711/vizio-co-star-vap430-gtv-set-top-box#post_22314980

Well that was a pretty worthless video!

For a second there I thought half the video would be of him trying to open the box.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is there an App for Gaikai (or coming) on Google Play store to go with the Co-Star? Could Onlive thinking to change direction?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Latest I read was that they are letting go about half or more of their staff (firing) and are being bought by a yet to be name private group. However the info i have read also states they are not going out of business (maybe a name change), however therre may some serious delays to development do to the transition.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepmback  /t/1417711/vizio-co-star-vap430-gtv-set-top-box#post_22316896

Latest I read was that they are letting go about half or more of their staff (firing) and are being bought by a yet to be name private group. However the info i have read also states they are not going out of business (maybe a name change), however therre may some serious delays to development do to the transition.

Which company is being bought? If Vizio then do you have a link to some news article?

philip

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcd  /t/1417711/vizio-co-star-vap430-gtv-set-top-box#post_22325850

Which company is being bought? If Vizio then do you have a link to some news article?

philip

I was referring to OnLive

1 - 20 of 92 Posts