AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -

Anyone have this same model TV? I just bought this new release Vizio E260MV 1080p LED 26" Razor thin TV. I was wondering if anyone have any input/opinion in regards to this particular model. I can't find any "official" reviews yet coz the model was just released.

I'm using it as a PC monitor -

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
I just got one the other day, so far so good. I liked the way my 47" Vizio handled computer input so I figured I'd give it a try. Built in sound is a bit lacking but PQ is real nice.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just got 1 to replace a samsung P2370HD,

I do not like non HD tv on it, and it takes 3 to 5 sec to change channels with remote. I do not use a set top box just direct cable connection to TV from jack.

As a PC monitor seem nice

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

I too just bought one of these, and so far it is working out pretty well (my wife calls it "cute", which must be a good sign

I enjoy it much, but the only thing I would love to know is what would be some optimal picture settings for this unit? I have been searching everywhere online and can't find anything - perhaps because it is too new of a device at the moment. But if anyone here who has one can share what they found worked for them, I would greatly appreciate it.

The sound is also a matter too -- not that bad (or at least as bad as I feared from the reviews I saw of it), but tweaking those setting is a matter for another posting.

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
I will share my settings with you. IMO the out of box picture was dead and flat. These settings made a major difference for me. YMMV.

Backlight 90

Brightness 45

Contrast 55

Color 60

Tint 0

Sharpness 55

Noise reduction: medium

Adaptive Luma: On

Color temperature: Cool

I left the rest at the defaults.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I did not like the included remote. You have to press the buttons too hard and they did not respond every time. I bought the Vizio Home Theater Universal Remote model: XRU9M from Walmart for $18 and it works much better. You do not have to program it for this TV. It works out of the package with it and has more buttons, like menu, etc that work with the TV that are not on the original. I turned off the surround sound and got a dramatic improvement in sound quality.

·
Registered
49 Posts
so..mmm 3rd request..do your channels change slowly?..

please is this Normal for this model,,none of my other tv's take this long

THANK YOU

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
I use mine as a monitor, sorry I change channels on my TV card.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes. It pauses for a few seconds between each channel change when I have it hooked up to a digitial signal. During the pause between channel changes there is a blue screen before the digital channel tunes in. When I have it hooked up to the comcast cable box it changes channels immediately.

·
Registered
49 Posts
OK!..Thanks...

Now I have to read the manual to see why i get No sound from (just purchased) blueray..HDMI,,to TV..

DUOH!...left the headphone jack in.....

Sound though spreaker now..

·
Registered
35 Posts
I notice the pics of the e260mv show that it uses a DC power brick for power and has a round hole on the back of the TV to connect the brick. Mine is not like this. It uses a standard PC type cord that plugs into the back. What do you all have on your e260mv?

·
Registered
670 Posts
I will be purchasing this TV shortly, and am wondering a few things.

The picture shows it using a power brick, from the above post, it seems the picture is out of date?

Does this have VESA mounting holes?

Does it have ATSC/NTSC tuners or what? It doesnt specify anywhere on the website. http://www.vizio.com/led-lcd-hdtvs/e260mv.html

·
Registered
4,538 Posts

Quote:
Does this have VESA mounting holes?

Does it have ATSC/NTSC tuners or what?

yes. and yes. also clear QAM tuner.

Just go to Vizio Support and RTFM. You need Adobe PDF reader to do it, I don't use it so I can't read it for you.

PS: (from the page you linked)

Attachment 217466

·
Registered
670 Posts
how are y'all liking this TV as a computer monitor? It will be my secondary monitor (possibly my primary if it is rather color accurate) at 1080p via hdmi, and am wooried about how it handles gaming. I am assuming it's a TN panel?

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Yeah, at that price it sure isn't an IPS. It only has one 'Custom' (adjustable) preset so if you use different inputs there's a bit of compromise. Straight on it's got a decent picture. If you get the text too small it will Moire a bit. I don't game but it is smooth as silk when running MilkDrop visualizations in WinAmp. IDK if it has significant lag. Got mine at CostCo and still have the box, but 60 days into the 90 day free trial I'd say it's a keeper.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Sweet. Yeah, I'm just picking one up from walmart. First TV I've ever bought from them.

I will use it as a TV, but I have basic analog cable and a crappy antenna in the attic. (needs work, but its so freakin hot)

So I hope it iisn't horribly slow switching analog channels. Anyone know?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts