AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a refurbished Vizio E320VP at Wally world today and having an issue with getting a signal.

OK, so before I explain I know I am not getting the BEST quality with it done this way, but is a Kitchen TV!

I had a 26 inch Sanyo in my Kitchen cubby hole. I finally found a 32" that would fit in the 31.5" hole so I got it.

Problem:

I have Coax running to kitchen from Living room Uverse receiver. UVerse is running my Sharp 60" via component because if I hook up the HDMI I get errors to the second TV since I am feeding the Sharp and the Kitchen TV simultaneously. The Coax feed worked perfect on the Sanyo, just turned it on Chanel 3 and it picked up the Uverse just fine.

The Vizio says "No signal" it will not find the signal on CH3. I moved the TV to the living room and hook up the Coax and it works fine on CH3. I have about 75-80ft of Coax to get from Living room to Kitchen. I am thinking the tuner on the Vizio is just weaker than the Sanyo.

Do you think adding some sort of Coax Amp would fix the issue?

If so, I assume I would put it in the living room where it starts to send a stronger signal out to kitchen.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

HDMI is out due to the Uverse errors.

I can just put another Uverse box in the kitchen but I prefer not to.

·
Registered
16,713 Posts
Take the Vizio back and get another brand. I don't mean to sound flippant about it but there are lots of reports about the quality of Vizio's, especially after the warranty expires. Getting them repaired is extremely difficult and if you bought a refurbed set, you have no idea what was wrong with it in the first place. Your setup worked fine with the Sanyo and there is no reason why it wouldn't work with another set.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts