AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I recently purchased a 51" Samsung PN51F5300 plasma TV and have recently began to question whether or not I should, instead, go with the Vizio E500i-B1 LED. I'm still under the return period so I'm reaching out for more knowledgeable feedback to help make the decision.

The main reason I went with Plasma is because of its black levels. However, when I now read about the new LED TVs, specifically the Vizio E500i-B1, I see that I may be able to get good black levels on an LED TV for the same price. How are the black levels on the Vizio?

I love the picture quality of the Samsung, the only thing that bothers me at the moment is the TVs lack of inputs, which the Vizio would easily solve both by it having more inputs and it being a smart TV, which alleviates the need for an external device taking up an input. How does the Vizio compare with image quality?

I love the look of the Vizio, with its super slim bezel and thinness -- which beats the Samsung's larger bezel.

Basically, what would be the better long-term investment: keeping the Samsung PN51F5300 plasma or returning it for the Vizio E500i-B1?

Any input much appreciated!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts