AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am looking to purchase a new TV for my bedroom. I don't need something super fancy for the amount of time that I will be watching it. I was looking at either VIZIO E550i-B2 55-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED HDTV or VIZIO 55" Class 1080p 120Hz LED Smart TV - Black (E550i-A0). I see that I can get the VIZIO E550i-B2 55-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED HDTV off amazon for $698 or the VIZIO 55" Class 1080p 120Hz LED Smart TV - Black (E550i-A0) from target for $657.72 with a friends discount who works there. I would mostly be watching DirecTV on it and some movies. Out of the 2 what model should I go with or is either not worth it? please advise.

Thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the E550i-AO. The net has mixed reviews, but mine has performed well so far. I have only had it a few weeks. I use it with DirecTV and a dvd player. High def looks really good. Smart TV features work well with my wi-fi. I have my own picture settings in a seperate thread in this forum if you purchase this tv and are interested.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I purchased the E550i-B2 yesterday from Costco and it was just returned today. Although the PQ was pretty good in my opinion, the way Vizio handled the VESA mount points is ridiculous. Although very light for a 55" LCD TV, it still needs a 400 x 400 by virtue of its size. The 200 x 200 was unstable on my mount and given the fact that it is positioned on the bottom half of the television meant that it would be positioned too high for my existing mount. I wish I had noticed this before I purchased it. Consider your mounting hardware carefully if you are placing this on a bedroom wall as I did.  I wish I had inquired about it before I purchased it...I just never envisioned a 200 x 200 on the back of a 55" television.  Oh well...back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, you can read more reviews on 21stReviews website as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts