AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Just bought a Vizio e601i-a3 and I am shocked with how slow the WiFi is. The only way I can get the network to run above 5000 kbps (and thus get Netflix HD) is to put the wireless router literally right next to the TV. If I do so much as move it across my living room, the speed drops to comically low throughput (150-300 kbps). None of my other WiFi devices exhibit this same behavior. My router is a late model Netgear wireless N model. Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

I wound up solving the problem by buying a second $25 Netgear wifi router from Walmart and configuring it as a wireless repeater. It now sits right next to the TV and the wifi signal is strong enough to stream HD. Not exactly an elegant solution, but the darn thing was already attached to the wall and I was not going to try taking it down and shipping it back.

Really surprised nobody else with a Vizio set has had this problem...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Ah hah, figured it out. When I turned off the wireless soundbar, the WiFi performance went through the roof. I can't believe that they would put these two things in the same frequency range and then sell them as "compatible" with eachother.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts