AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 339 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here get hold of the Elevate? Some users on Reddit are showing they’ve had theirs delivered and it seems to be getting positive praise so far.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m having issues with the New Vizio Oled outputting Dolby atmos from the Xbox one x to the new Elevate soundbar. If I set the Xbox one x to Dolby atmos via bitstream it only outputs stereo while the other formats like DTS it works fine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Got mine yesterday as a place holder until the Sonos Arc comes. I was amazed after being underwhelmed at the SB512. I still dont like Vizio's set up app but once you grind through it it synched up to sub and I was able to get ATMOS from streaming ( altered Carbon) netflix. Something about the auto rotating speakers when it detects the source is just cool.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! I’m gonna wait until I see some more user and pro reviews on it and also waiting to hear what the Klipsch Cinema 1200 is like before making a decision. The JBL 9.1 is on the list too.

Got mine yesterday as a place holder until the Sonos Arc comes. I was amazed after being underwhelmed at the SB512. I still dont like Vizio's set up app but once you grind through it it synched up to sub and I was able to get ATMOS from streaming ( altered Carbon) netflix. Something about the auto rotating speakers when it detects the source is just cool.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just got the elevate. Let me know if you have any questions. Just some real quick thoughts: it feels really well built. Little glitchy in terms of picking up on Atmos and turning on with the TV. Sound quality is great. Plenty loud. Clear dialogue. However the soundstage isn’t very wide when the speakers are pointed up

EDIT: so I previously stated that the verticality is lacking with this bar. I’m going to revise that a bit. Part of my issue was just the content not being mixed properly or perhaps a glitch with the soundbar but for some movies you do get noticeable upward sound. I wouldn’t say it sounds like it’s coming from the ceiling but more like expansive upward sound with dialogue that’s direct. That being said, I’m only able to achieve this effect by cranking up the vertical channels as high as they go. Would love to hear how this compares to the Sonos Arc and Klipsch Cinema 1200 once it’s out

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got the elevate. Let me know if you have any questions. Just some real quick thoughts: it feels really well built. Little glitchy in terms of picking up on Atmos and turning on with the TV. Sound quality is great. Plenty loud. Clear dialogue. However the soundstage isn’t very wide when the speakers are pointed up

EDIT: so I previously stated that the verticality is lacking with this bar. I’m going to revise that a bit. Part of my issue was just the content not being mixed properly or perhaps a glitch with the soundbar but for some movies you do get noticeable upward sound. I wouldn’t say it sounds like it’s coming from the ceiling but more like expansive upward sound with dialogue that’s direct. That being said, I’m only able to achieve this effect by cranking up the vertical channels as high as they go. Would love to hear how this compares to the Sonos Arc and Klipsch Cinema 1200 once it’s out
What movies have you demo'd the bar with? I've read many reviews of discs, where the ATMOS mix was lacking to non existent.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I’m torn between picking up this unit or going with the Sonos Arc setup. I’m tied to Vizio’s ecosystem currently, 5 TV’s and a soundbar setup - so it would be a seemless addition.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m torn between picking up this unit or going with the Sonos Arc setup. I’m tied to Vizio’s ecosystem currently, 5 TV’s and a soundbar setup - so it would be a seemless addition.
The Arc looks nice, but no DTS support, and almost a $1,000 more for a comparable setup makes it a hard sell for me. Plus, I believe it only has 1 HDMI port.

·
Registered
114 Posts
What movies have you demo'd the bar with? I've read many reviews of discs, where the ATMOS mix was lacking to non existent.
Just streamed titles on Netflix. I can’t get Disney plus to work. Everything says 5.1. Netflix will tell you that too when there’s a handshake issue. Specifically, I watched the Old Guard, Triple Frontier, and Lost in Space. Lost in space was the only title that had any depth. Literally no sound came out of the vertical speakers for me during the helicopter flight in triple Frontier.

To reiterate, the sound doesn’t really sound like it’s above you. Just that the sound stage is wider in the forward upward direction. Except that dialogue is always front and center no matter the other effects which I really like.

At the end of the day, it’s a marginal improvement upon my previous Vizio 5.1 soundbar at best. The trouble with the height speakers is that what you gain vertically, you lose horizontally so the horizontal sound stage is narrower. Would’ve been better if the rotating speakers were those in the middle thirds of the bar.

I doubt I’ll keep it TBH. But unfortunately I think it’s going to be hard to do much better than my current rig (54” wide Vizio 5.1 w/ wireless sub) without spending around $2k+ dollars.

·
Registered
LG CX65+Sonos Arc/Sub/OneSL, LG CX 48+Sonos Beam, Shield TV Pro, Google TV, XSX, Switch, RTX2070S
450 Posts
I have this but I have several issues...
#1: I can't get DTS:X or PCM 5.1/7.1 to work on Xbox with TV connected via eARC. If Xbox is connected directly to the Elevate, then I get no Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, or PCM 5.1/7.1.

#2: The volume lights will flash continuously when device is "off," which is really annoying. This supposedly means the device is receiving an unsupported audio format. But if the TV or connected device is off, why should it be expecting any audio input?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Damn, I got really excited for this for a minute until I found out the rear speakers are not wireless.

Defeats the purpose of a sound bar system for someone like me in an apartment. One of the big reasons I am loving the Sonos is that its very low profile and the rears are wireless which make things so easy.

But the lack of DTS on it is incredibly infuriating lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
Damn, I got really excited for this for a minute until I found out the rear speakers are not wireless.

Defeats the purpose of a sound bar system for someone like me in an apartment. One of the big reasons I am loving the Sonos is that its very low profile and the rears are wireless which make things so easy.

But the lack of DTS on it is incredibly infuriating lol
I mean even the Sonos have wires. They still have to be plugged into power. These have to be plugged into the sub which can be placed at the back of the room. Not wireless, but not necessarily worse than Sonos depending on your room setup

·
Registered
124 Posts
I mean even the Sonos have wires. They still have to be plugged into power. These have to be plugged into the sub which can be placed at the back of the room. Not wireless, but not necessarily worse than Sonos depending on your room setup
For some reason, I was under the impression the rears plugged into the soundbar. Thank you for pointing this out.

Would rear sub placement be a problem being that this uses a traditional downward firing subwoofer?

If not, then this could very much be a possibility for me

·
Registered
349 Posts
The Arc looks nice, but no DTS support, and almost a $1,000 more for a comparable setup makes it a hard sell for me. Plus, I believe it only has 1 HDMI port.
Valid points. The lack of DTS is a blow, however, I’m 99% migrated to streaming - so I don’t think I’ll be in need of DTS. I’m hoping Costco finally gets the Arc by the end of the year.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I said screw it and ordered the sound bar at my local Best Buy. I will be picking it up today. If it comes close to the Sonos Arc I will probably keep it considering It is half the price, and also supports DTS

If I’m not happy with it I will just return it so no big deal. I will be comparing this and the Sonos Arc extensively tonight and over the next week. I’ll post my thoughts here

·
Registered
349 Posts
I said screw it and ordered the sound bar at my local Best Buy. I will be picking it up today. If it comes close to the Sonos Arc I will probably keep it considering It is half the price, and also supports DTS

If I’m not happy with it I will just return it so no big deal. I will be comparing this and the Sonos Arc extensively tonight and over the next week. I’ll post my thoughts here
Will be tuning in!

·
Registered
114 Posts
For some reason, I was under the impression the rears plugged into the soundbar. Thank you for pointing this out.

Would rear sub placement be a problem being that this uses a traditional downward firing subwoofer?

If not, then this could very much be a possibility for me
I don’t think so... I’ve never been able to discern sub placement as long as it’s nearby regardless of the type of tech used. But perhaps you’re more discerning than me

·
Registered
114 Posts

Yes please do update. I was thinking about swapping mine for the Arc. But if the Arc isn’t much better I suppose I’ll just have to bite the bullet and get a receiver and run wires

·
Registered
124 Posts
I’m not going to lie guys. This is an incredibly quick update.

I won’t be keeping the elevate. In my opinion, it doesn’t even touch the arc.

I’ve been messing around with settings, I’ve tried multiple EQ settings. Man, this thing just pales in comparison (IMO).

Used a couple different movies to test differences. The Matrix on Atmos, Sicario on Atmos, The Mandalorian as well.

One major issue I noticed too is how overbearing this subwoofer is. I mean , even if I put the sub level down to as low as I could, it felt like the sub was trying to take over the entire sound stage. The Sonos sub is wayyyyy more refined.

I’m bummed I wasted a new product but Best Buy will be able to sell open box I suppose.

Never once in a million years would I have thought the decision would be this quick lol. That’s how much of a difference I think there is.

Of course this is my opinion. Curious to hear others as well.

This to me is a classic case of you get what you pay for

Edit: not to mention one of the rotating speakers squeaks SO LOUD when it goes up for Atmos. Lmao

1 - 20 of 339 Posts