AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a LCD/LED 47" TV that is 1 month old. Yesterday (for the 2nd time) the TV wouldn't turn on and didn't have the orange standby light either. I had to unplug the TV and plug it back in to get it to turn back on.

Do you think that something is wrong with the TV and I should return it?

I called Vizio and they said that they think that something called Watch Dogging is happening. When the TV thinks that something is wrong then it will shut it self down and reset itself. It's just don't know if I fully believe that. I'm thinking that maybe it's a power supply or something.

Should I turn it for a different make/model?

I have 90 days to return it, but it's just kind of a hassle to do.

·
Registered
22,139 Posts
Hassle or not. Return/exchange it or get something else. Apparently, there's a problem.

Or... live with the inconvenience and take your chances with the problem getting worse.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i agree. i was actually looking to purchase the m470sv so it would be nice to know if this is a problem with the one unit or a problem with the whole line...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking of returning it and get a different make/model. I like the colors a lot, but I don't know if I can take a chance of it happening over and over or if it gets worse.

Does anyone have any suggestions for under $1,200. I want at least 120hz TV and I have a Costco & Sam's Club membership.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have purchased a M470sv and it is having the same problem. Happens ocassionally when selecting between input sources, but has also happened without anyone touching anything....just watching....or in the middle of playing the Wii.

Also the only way I have found to get it to power back up is to unplug it.

Have contacted Vizio. Their tech support had me turn off, unplug, and hold the power button 30 sec while unplugged. Am now waiting to see if it happens again.

-Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapitsch /forum/post/20510538

I also have purchased a M470sv and it is having the same problem. Happens ocassionally when selecting between input sources, but has also happened without anyone touching anything....just watching....or in the middle of playing the Wii.

Also the only way I have found to get it to power back up is to unplug it.

Have contacted Vizio. Their tech support had me turn off, unplug, and hold the power button 30 sec while unplugged. Am now waiting to see if it happens again.

-Will keep you posted.

I returned mine after all. They said that they can send out a technician to my home to repair it. I told them no because it was 30 days old only. I had 90 days to return it and I did. I have since purchased a Samsung and haven't had any problems at all.

Btw: the problem kept getting more and more frequent. 1 week, then every 4 days then 3 x per day it would just shut off and I had to unplug it. I think that it's the power supply probablem. I really liked the Vizio picture and wanted to keep the TV, but when you spend $1,000 and it already started to break down in 30 days that is a problem. I think that Vizio does make some good TV's though. I would probably just buy it at Costco where you get another year warranty for free. They also usually carry models that are better quality than where I purchased it at.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts