AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just purchased a Vizio M550SL and I cannot find calibration settings for this. I have seen similar models but don't know how much changes as far as calibration between similar numbers. IE M3D550KD. Please let me know if you have any good calibration numbers for this.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up this TV myself. I am far from an expert, but I used the Terminator 2 blu-ray THX calibration settings and there were only a few changes from 'stock.'

The brightness was reduced by about 15 points (to about 35 overall) and the sharpness was increased a few ticks (to I think 10.) The color temp was adjusted to cool. Other than that, I didn't need to do any other calibration (nothing on contrast, etc) besides turning off mpeg noise reduction and the auto dim/light sensor.

Hopefully some experts will chime in on this thread eventually with some other helpful hints. I'd love more knowledgeable input.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I too just bought one for $400.00 at Costco. It was a return item/display maybe.

I hope there is no issue with it or it is going back to Costco.

I couldnt pass up the deal.

I to want the calibration for it. I also own the Vizio M650 VSE. Would the setting be the same since they are both Vizio? I doubt it but maybe?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.