AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Be my guest. Definitely not risking buying Vizio again. Won’t know what the picture and build quality is like until they are out. I’m just glad they are releasing OLEDs to drive prices down further.
understand, I’ll probably buy a 55” for my daughters room, later the prices will be much lower that it will be hard to pass.

I will just buy an extended warranty and I should be fine.

·
Registered
902 Posts
understand, I’ll probably buy a 55” for my daughters room, later the prices will be much lower that it will be hard to pass.

I will just buy an extended warranty and I should be fine.
The 1st tv I bought for my daughters room was a Vizio. It died a week after the warranty expired. Replaced it with an LG, it’s still going after 4 years.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am impressed with the Vizio prices $1,300 for 55 inches and $2,000 for 65 inches with Dolby Vision, hdr10, hdr 10 plus, hog, free sync and VRR, hdmi 2.1 full 48gbs ports, I want to buy one as a gaming tv since some games on the series x will be [email protected]
The only thing that holds me back is Vizio quality control and I am wondering how the picture looks, I will wait on you guys to push the buy button first and see what your feedback is like.
I will be your personal test dummy by buying early.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The 1st tv I bought for my daughters room was a Vizio. It died a week after the warranty expired. Replaced it with an LG, it’s still going after 4 years.
Assuming they get these at costco, you get at least 2 years warranty for tvs by default there. And I believe you can double that if you put it on one of those costco visa cards.

Even if it does not cover burn in, you can't beat that for basic does it still work warranties.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Assuming they get these at costco, you get at least 2 years warranty for tvs by default there. And I believe you can double that if you put it on one of those costco visa cards.

Even if it does not cover burn in, you can't beat that for basic does it still work warranties.
I’m happy with my C8 for now, probably upgrade when LG release their 2021 models. Hope Vizio release a 77” oled next year to drive down the price of the LG.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I’m happy with my C8 for now, probably upgrade when LG release their 2021 models. Hope Vizio release a 77” oled next year to drive down the price of the LG.

I'm the opposite. I want a smaller oled for general tv/pc display use, and intend to use a larger lcd for dedicated tv/movie/streaming use since the larger sizes tend to get more local dimming zones.

Vizio is getting an 85" with over 700 zones for 3k later this year, and TCL might have them beat with upgraded mini led.

·
Registered
8,366 Posts
Lower prices, all HDR formats supported (HDR10, HDR10+, HLG, and Dolby Vision), and two HDMI 2.1 48Gbps ports which will make you good & future proofed despite that there are no 12-bit TVs right now but it's still nice to have.
Yeah is this a first, for a TV or at least an OLED TV to support both DV and HDR10+?

·
Registered
3,293 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
The specifications sheet doesn't indicate support for Dolby Atmos. I'm not sure how this would affect people's potential setups.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I'm the opposite. I want a smaller oled for general tv/pc display use, and intend to use a larger lcd for dedicated tv/movie/streaming use since the larger sizes tend to get more local dimming zones.

Vizio is getting an 85" with over 700 zones for 3k later this year, and TCL might have them beat with upgraded mini led.
I could never downgrade to an LCD.

Reactions: lynesjc

·
Registered
8,366 Posts
The specifications sheet doesn't indicate support for Dolby Atmos. I'm not sure how this would affect people's potential setups.
Isn't Atmos more of a thing for AVRs and sources -- UHD Blu Ray, streaming boxes, game consoles?

Are there TVs with Atmos decoding built in or something?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yeah is this a first, for a TV or at least an OLED TV to support both DV and HDR10+?
Vizio has already been supporting both formats on their LED TVs since last year, but the Vizio OLED will be the first ever in North America to carry both HDR formats since Panasonic and Philips OLED TVs are only sold outside North America.

·
Registered
17,806 Posts
Vizio has already been supporting both formats on their LED TVs since last year, but the Vizio OLED will be the first ever in North America to carry both HDR formats since Panasonic and Philips OLED TVs are only sold outside North America.
This is incorrect. Panasonic OLEDs can be purchased in Canada and via certain Hollywood, CA venues.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Reactions: Hetfieldjames

·
Registered
8,366 Posts
That's what I thought.

Let's hope that the Vizios at least get as good panels as the CX model, though the way they're underpricing the LG sets, it doesn't seem likely.

We also need to see what kind of application processor they have, how their post processing, motion processing and scaler compares with the LG and Sony models.

·
Registered
436 Posts
This is incorrect. Panasonic OLEDs can be purchased in Canada and via certain Hollywood, CA venues.
Okay, my mistake. I didn't know Panasonic sold OLED TVs in Canada too, thus it's just only the US where Panasonic don't make any TVs anymore.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts