AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by destiny 21
hi i am looking to pull the trigger on the 65 inch 3d vizio or the lg 65 3d tv. which one would be a better choice if any. lookig for passive 3d and nice 2d hd picture quality
I have read elsewhere on this forum that Vizio is ok until the warranty runs out, then it's next to impossible to get them repaired. Parts are hard to come by for out-of-warranty tv's. Having never owned a Vizio, I can't confirm the validity of that but it might be something you may want to do further research on.

·
Banned
2,479 Posts
I would also opt for the LG. Also for the parts/quality issues, but also for the ISF calibration options being more user friendly. And, while I am not a 3D user so far LG gives you the passive glasses, much cheaper than some other technology, and picture quality is unsurpassed at most price points.

I auditioned 3 Vizio TVs over the last 18 months in the 42" and 47" sizes and they had very nice picture quality compared to some, but the LG knocked me out with all I can do with it.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeromebaker /forum/post/20834956

This should not even be comparison....buddy works for vizio and they use refurbished components meaning your tv will not last long

Pardon my ignorance but what is wrong with refurbished parts? Refurbs, generally speaking, are inspected more thoroughly than new.

·
Registered
19,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy /forum/post/20836001

Pardon my ignorance but what is wrong with refurbished parts? Refurbs, generally speaking, are inspected more thoroughly than new.

Failure rate is usually higher because there's an inherent flaw that caused it to fail in the first place, regardless of the number of inspections. Besides, after your warranty expires, you're s.o.l. if you need to get it repaired.

·
Registered
6,155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeromebaker /forum/post/20834956

This should not even be comparison....buddy works for vizio and they use refurbished components meaning your tv will not last long

I had a 32' Vizio, and it crapped out after 39 months, 3 months after the warranty expired. I never did get it fixed, I got constant hassles from Vizio.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.