AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Vizio released proposed prices on their upcoming P Series a while ago, but I can't seem to find any mention of a possible release date.

Anybody have any idea when the Vizio P Series might be released?

Thanks.

·
Registered
696 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by timacn  /t/1523515/vizio-p-series-release-date#post_24508584

Vizio released proposed prices on their upcoming P Series a while ago, but I can't seem to find any mention of a possible release date.

Anybody have any idea when the Vizio P Series might be released?

Thanks.

No one has a release date, period. There are estimations, assumptions, and guesses, but that's it. We don't even have news on the M series release dates

Go to http://www.avsforum.com/t/1511153/vizio-p-series-uhdtvs-at-ces-2014 for any info/news about the P series.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is a bit of an older thread but here is something I found from Vizio's facebook page.

Vizio -The P-Series will not hit stores until this fall. We will have more details closer to launch. Be sure to sign-up for notification of the release on our website. Visit http://store.vizio.com/subscribe to join the VIZIO email list.

So my guess would be that the M Series TVs will hit in Summer followed by the P Series in Fall.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Anyone else tired of waiting for this tv to come out!?

·
Registered
14,727 Posts
Anyone else tired of waiting for this tv to come out!?

Amazing that it's already been close to 6 months since CES!

The first P Series panels should hopefully be materializing within the next couple months. There were rumors that Vzio was in discussion with VE Electronics about getting the P Series included in the 2014 VE Shootout scheduled to be held in late July.

Then there was this CNET article: http://www.cnet.com/products/jvc-dm65usr/

"The new Diamond series will come in 55-inch ($999), 65-inch ($1,999), and 85-inch ($7,999) variations, and could rival the Vizio P-series (also due in September) for features if not even picture quality. "

And finally, as dandiego posted in the Vizio_thread_all_models thread, if you go to this link: http://store.vizio.com/support/?tab=b#downloads and type in 'P7' or 'P6' or 'P5' you will see auto-completion for the P502ui-B1 though P702ui-B3 (though nothing comes up yet if you search).

I believe Vizio has us exactly where they want us.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Amazing that it's already been close to 6 months since CES!

The first P Series panels should hopefully be materializing within the next couple months. There were rumors that Vzio was in discussion with VE Electronics about getting the P Series included in the 2014 VE Shootout scheduled to be held in late July.

Then there was this CNET article: http://www.cnet.com/products/jvc-dm65usr/

"The new Diamond series will come in 55-inch ($999), 65-inch ($1,999), and 85-inch ($7,999) variations, and could rival the Vizio P-series (also due in September) for features if not even picture quality. "

And finally, as dandiego posted in the Vizio_thread_all_models thread, if you go to this link: http://store.vizio.com/support/?tab=b#downloads and type in 'P7' or 'P6' or 'P5' you will see auto-completion for the P502ui-B1 though P702ui-B3 (though nothing comes up yet if you search).

I believe Vizio has us exactly where they want us.

September... ugh... they are really pushing "Fall" to it's limits. If they do this small to big delayed release schedule, we'll be lucky to see the 70 come out in this calendar year.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Fall doesn't start until the 21st of September, so I wouldn't exactly say that September is pushing Fall...
I was implying that the rollout would not complete for several months after they "start" if they go by how the E's and M's have been going. They technically released the M series some time ago, but the 65 and up haven't hit stores yet due to their release model. If they "start" in late Septemeber, it's December before we start seeing 70's or above, let alone anything about the R's.

·
Registered
14,727 Posts
I was implying that the rollout would not complete for several months after they "start" if they go by how the E's and M's have been going. They technically released the M series some time ago, but the 65 and up haven't hit stores yet due to their release model. If they "start" in late Septemeber, it's December before we start seeing 70's or above, let alone anything about the R's.

Well technically, they have said that the M-Series would be released 'this summer' and summer only officially began two days ago. The 65" and 70" have not materialized yet but the smaller sizes including the 60" were in the channels well before the start of summer.

So while a 'fall' release may mean that some of the P-Series sizes don't materialize until after September 21st and before December 21st, I think there is a good chance that most of the sizes up to and including the 60" P will be out before September 21st.

I hope the 65" is out before September 21st as well, but that's ore of a crapshoot.

·
Registered
770 Posts
End of September?

Best Buy guy said Vizio rep was in last week and thats what the rep said.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I know that initial feedback has been positive on both the E/M series,but it seems that panel and build quality are all over the map.
I am hoping since the P-series is their "Premium" model that Vizio can work out the little details. The 64 zones hopefully can offer some decent uniformity and deep black levels. The 960 motion rate with backlight scanning/strobing should in theory give some stellar motion. That seems to be Vizio's biggest issue at the moment achieving a good motion resolution. Samsung and Sony have some stellar processing that can achieve higher motion resolution without introducing SOE or heavy artifacting.
I am super excited for the P-series and if Vizio can nail 70% of the CES bullet points we could have a value 4k champ.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I know that initial feedback has been positive on both the E/M series,but it seems that panel and build quality are all over the map.
I am hoping since the P-series is their "Premium" model that Vizio can work out the little details....
My hope as well. A decent 4K TV with FALD at an affordable price would shake things up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Vizio P-Series Release Date

Looks like it may be a late October release date for the VIZIO P702ui-B3 70-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED HDTV. If you search on Amazon.com it returns no results for P-series. However, the direct link to the product page exists:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LX4OOOA/ref=pe_861660_118320330_fxm_4_0_n_id.

As of today, it is listed as "Currently Unavailable" with an option to sign up for email notification when it's available. However, it was available for sale on Amazon briefly earlier this week with an estimated 6-8 week shipping time, and I was able to order it on Monday (8/25) for $2,499 with free delivery via Amazon Prime.

I received an updated delivery window of Oct 20-24 today.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Looks like it may be a late October release date for the VIZIO P702ui-B3 70-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED HDTV. If you search on Amazon.com it returns no results for P-series. However, the direct link to the product page exists:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LX4OOOA/ref=pe_861660_118320330_fxm_4_0_n_id.

As of today, it is listed as "Currently Unavailable" with an option to sign up for email notification when it's available. However, it was available for sale on Amazon briefly earlier this week with an estimated 6-8 week shipping time, and I was able to order it on Monday (8/25) for $2,499 with free delivery via Amazon Prime.

I received an updated delivery window of Oct 20-24 today.
one person has oct 3 for the 70, i think its all still up in the air we should know more in a few weeks. most of the delivery dates have been estimates so they may arrive sooner than that.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I am really interested in the P-series; however, no 3D might be a deal breaker.
I'm just the opposite: i'd rather give up the 3D and have them apply those development and manufacturing costs toward more features or better performance, although I'm not clear on just how much 3D adds to the cost of manufacturing a tv.

Reactions: JStanton

·
Registered
35 Posts
one person has oct 3 for the 70, i think its all still up in the air we should know more in a few weeks. most of the delivery dates have been estimates so they may arrive sooner than that.
Does anyone know if BB is going to carry the P series?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts