AVS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi to everyone im new to this site all i want to know is that i have a vizio p42 hd plasma and the problem is that im having is thatthere are bars on the right side of the screen can that be fix or not or just buy the parts any help will do thank u

·
Registered
338 Posts
You have a bad PDP panel. Panels are not available from Vizio. I would have to go to them for service but the repair cost would exceed the value of the unit.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by richman2k7 /forum/post/12987925

i dont know i already have the tv for more than a year

Then sorry to say, but it will cost you near as much to fix it, as it will to buy a new one. Vizio is awful when it comes to product support after the warrenty period expires. If you check the Vizio web site you can find their product suport policy. You won't like it, just to get them to send you a box to ship the panel to them is near the cost of a new panel itself. Sorry.

·
Registered
613 Posts
You mean its a different shade on the sides? If your talking about black/grey bars thats 4:3 content that isn't stretched. *IF* I had a burn in issue and there was no warranty and normal techniques did not work (this is technically usually not covered because its end user created) I would probably try to create a custom DVD with black in the middle and white bars on the side taking up only the effected area. Then run it for a while, checking every hour or so until the burn was even again. Of course if you were able to do that then you wouldn't have gotten it in the first place

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well u saying it cannot be repair well i guess is going to the trash f***k plasma im going to buy me a lcd becouse it cannot be repair

·
Registered
1,183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by richman2k7 /forum/post/12989273

well u saying it cannot be repair well i guess is going to the trash f***k plasma im going to buy me a lcd becouse it cannot be repair

Plasma or LCD has little to do with it, the fact that you bought a second rate panel from a second rate company is the problem.

·
Registered
30,129 Posts
I think a bigger problem is that he can barely write english and describe the problem, and yet everyone is jumping in to tell him his TV is ruined and can't be repaired or will be cost-prohibitive to repair. Not a single person on this thread even knows what the problem is!!!

richman - can you actually slow down, write clear english, and DESCRIBE THE ACTUAL PROBLEM clearly. Better yet, take a picture of it and post it so others can see.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig /forum/post/12991046

I think a bigger problem is that he can barely write english and describe the problem, and yet everyone is jumping in to tell him his TV is ruined and can't be repaired or will be cost-prohibitive to repair. Not a single person on this thread even knows what the problem is!!!

richman - can you actually slow down, write clear english, and DESCRIBE THE ACTUAL PROBLEM clearly. Better yet, take a picture of it and post it so others can see.

I didn't want to be mean but your sorta right. However Vizio has a standard policy for repairs after the first year of coverage, and it makes no difference if it's a small or big problem, they make "ALL" repairs as expensive as buying a new panel. Thats why people are telling him it can't be repaired, or not that it can't, just that it would cost as much as replacement.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts