AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had set my mind on 55 inch vizio m series which has great display and 'value for money' review across all review sites.
M552i-b2 is available for $699 at my local Walmart now. But now I see that the p series price has been dropped and the 50 inch 4k is available at the same price of $699. The reviews of p502ui-b1 are not that great, but that's mostly because it is being compared to other 4k TVs.

Now my confusion is 50 inch 4k or 55 inch hdtv considering they are the same price. The viewing distance would be about 7-8ft.

Can 4k in p series justify the downsize from 55 to 50 inch? Please advise.

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
I had set my mind on 55 inch vizio m series which has great display and 'value for money' review across all review sites.
M552i-b2 is available for $699 at my local Walmart now. But now I see that the p series price has been dropped and the 50 inch 4k is available at the same price of $699. The reviews of p502ui-b1 are not that great, but that's mostly because it is being compared to other 4k TVs.

Now my confusion is 50 inch 4k or 55 inch hdtv considering they are the same price. The viewing distance would be about 7-8ft.

Can 4k in p series justify the downsize from 55 to 50 inch? Please advise.
What Walmart has been selling is the P502uiB1e. The 'e' version only has a 60 Hz panel while the regular P-series UHDTVs have 120 Hz. panels. Vizio specs makes this confusing by stating a "effective" refresh rate that is double the actual refresh rate of the panel. If you want to step up from the M-series then get the non- 'e' version of the Vizio P50 as sold by Best Buy, and some of the warehouse clubs (e.g., Costco) or wait a month or two and get one of the new M-series UHD TVs. In these screen sizes the real advantage of the P-series over the M-series is the larger number of local dimming zones. I would point out that in a relatively small screen size, such as 50" or 55", having 4K/UHD increased resolution really doesn't make much different as compared to a 1080p TV, unless you are sitting really close to the TV (e.g., 5 ft. or less)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts