AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who has a vizio tv, particular a vizio va19l should really consider the difference between a good picture and a better one. Users must consider the amount of contrast, brightness, and color put into the picture. The backlight should never be to high or to low. If your a person who is technical when getting the most from your hdtv, then my settings should be useful to all you that have a vizio tv.

backlight=70

brightness=48

contrast=30

color=35

tint=0

brightness=48

color temp=cool

Never turn on the advance settings, i have found these settings to disturb the natural look of the picture. the contrast is at 30 because i have found it to be a bit similar to the backlight. When the contrast is high is creates a flicker in images that has white lines, also a sort of distortion in the background. To much color creates bleeding. The brightness should be treated with caution. When the color temp is at cool it makes the image look peaceful.

There is much more i should say, but i want to know if any of you out there think what i'm saying is right, or have actually put it too the test?

·
Banned
20,735 Posts

Quote:
When the color temp is at cool it makes the image look peaceful.

That's a new one. "peaceful!" lol.

Quote:
i want to know if any of you out there think what i'm saying is right,

Um, decidedly not. This is a calibration forum, where people actually care about the science of calibrating a display, not willy-nilly picking some settings because it makes things look "peaceful."

Still, it gives me a chuckle on a slow morning, so thank you for that...

·
Registered
3,871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti253799 /forum/post/16970843

Anyone who has a vizio tv, particular a vizio va19l should really consider the difference between a good picture and a better one. Users must consider the amount of contrast, brightness, and color put into the picture. The backlight should never be to high or to low. If your a person who is technical when getting the most from your hdtv, then my settings should be useful to all you that have a vizio tv.

backlight=70

brightness=48

contrast=30

color=35

tint=0

brightness=48

color temp=cool

Never turn on the advance settings, i have found these settings to disturb the natural look of the picture. the contrast is at 30 because i have found it to be a bit similar to the backlight. When the contrast is high is creates a flicker in images that has white lines, also a sort of distortion in the background. To much color creates bleeding. The brightness should be treated with caution. When the color temp is at cool it makes the image look peaceful.

There is much more i should say, but i want to know if any of you out there think what i'm saying is right, or have actually put it too the test?

Likely a self-ordained agent provocateur.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekjsmith /forum/post/16971845

Come on we all know brightness should be set to 42 becasue that is the Answer to the Ultimate Question.

Yes, but what is the question?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeAB /forum/post/16975524

The question is: "What is the Ultimate Answer?"

Ah yes, Life, the Universe, Everything...

·
Registered
1,011 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWiggles /forum/post/16976005

Thanks for all the fish!

and So Long...

Think I strated that one 3 times and could never make it through...

I DO own the BBC series on VHS though...

·
Registered
69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaufman /forum/post/16976092

and So Long...

Think I strated that one 3 times and could never make it through...

I DO own the BBC series on VHS though...

Get the original series on CD and listen to it. Though I read the books I first heard HHGTTG on the radio years ago and the audio is definitely the way to go.

"Don't panic"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts