AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I've run through multiple PX75s, returning 3 of them due to banding (and I watch a lot of hockey).

I am able to return my PX75 for a full refund and the TV with the identical cost of the PX75 is the Sony X900H. I'm having a hard time comparing the two, for obvious reasons (900H being so new). I do not game much. I want good picture quality and minimal DSE.

I'll buy through Costco so I'm not too worried. But will I be disappointed in the PQ going from the Vizio to the Sony? What do people here think?

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I've run through multiple PX75s, returning 3 of them due to banding (and I watch a lot of hockey).

I am able to return my PX75 for a full refund and the TV with the identical cost of the PX75 is the Sony X900H. I'm having a hard time comparing the two, for obvious reasons (900H being so new). I do not game much. I want good picture quality and minimal DSE.

I'll buy through Costco so I'm not too worried. But will I be disappointed in the PQ going from the Vizio to the Sony? What do people here think?
Enough is enough. With Sony X900H (if we can surmise from "F" predecessor) you should see improvement with out-of-the-box, screen uniformity, color accuracy, upscaling, and motion. HDMI 2.1 to come with firmware update.

No TV is perfect, but I think Sony is a better gamble in the panel lottery.

Good luck, have fun, stay safe. :)

Reactions: Hetfieldjames

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Sony is so much better ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Perhaps an unheralded bonus (if you have access to OTA signals), the Sony includes a NEXTGEN TV capable tuner.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Is the Vizio the brand new 2020 version or the 2019 version? I can't even find the 2020 version for sale yet...

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Any change of opinion now that Rtings has reviewed both and in fact PX75 has a higher rating?

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare/sony-x900h-vs-vizio-p-series-quantum-x-2019/12284/848?usage=11114&threshold=0.1
Not really. The color and greyscale accuracy, and gradation/banding, and backlight algorithms are important to me. Also proper EOTF which Sony has the best track record. So is build quality and panel uniformity. I've seen TV's perform really well in benchmark torture tests like from rtings and get good ratings (say an 8.1 vs 8.3, you might say "ha!") but in person with actual content side by side, it's a different story. There's more to it than back of the box checkmark comparisons of peak brightness and contrast ratio and dimming zones.

With that said, I haven't seen the Vizio in person so can't comment on it...just generally speaking for now :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts