AVS Forum banner
1461 - 1480 of 2656 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's a pipe dream in my minds eye that Panasonic could sell me an OLED that's 10K I don't think so, especially when Panasonic is buying the panels from LG. And LG'S 65 Oled's are selling for $7000.
I got a price from a dealer after contacting Vizio directly. Vizio reached out and after significant conversation via email they introduced me to their dealer for the Southeast (Audio America out of Georgia). $110,000 for the 120" R Series. $60,000 down, the rest at delivery, which they still haven't figured out yet and had very limited information.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,463 ·
I got a price from a dealer after contacting Vizio directly. Vizio reached out and after significant conversation via email they introduced me to their dealer for the Southeast (Audio America out of Georgia). $110,000 for the 120" R Series. $60,000 down, the rest at delivery, which they still haven't figured out yet and had very limited information.
Insanity...

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
That sounds totally reasonable, I hate to say.

What gets potentially interesting is if they decide to drive the costs down over time and sell more. I suspect they won't, but if they did and it followed a 30-30-30-30 curve over the next several years, well....

2016: $77,000 (let's round that up to $80,000)
2017: $56,000 (let's go down to $55,000
2018: $38,500 (let's round up to $40,000)
2019: $28,000 (let's round up to $30,000)
2020: $21,000 (let's round down to $20,000)
2021: $14,700 (let's round up to $15,000)
2022: $10,500 (let's round that down to $10,000 even)

So given that the above is 100% doable from a cost perspective (7 years from now you would be able to buy 4 60" finished TVs for

Reactions: Ph8te

·
Registered
388 Posts
why?
Based on the reviews and stats on the M series I am not sure they need it
and the fact that a "leaner" line up has got to provide them with some costs savings
Vizio is all about performance for the dollar....you were their biggest cheerleader in that regard
So..less lines to market gives them a chance to offer better performance for the dollar across their entire range
Well there is a pretty big jump from the M price to the R price (assuming even the lowest price I have seen) and the R series announced size. I mean if I was going to just make one size (forgetting the 120) 65 is probably the size to make however if that doesn't fit for you then you have to either take an M or go to another vendor. Not sure that is what Vizio is going for either.

2016 is going to be all about HDR and Vizio only having one TV (and not models one TV) on the market with it for most if not all of 2016 isn't going to be good for them.

Samsung, Sony and everyone else will be pushing that down their model lines in the spring.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Well there is a pretty big jump from the M price to the R price (assuming even the lowest price I have seen) and the R series announced size. I mean if I was going to just make one size (forgetting the 120) 65 is probably the size to make however if that doesn't fit for you then you have to either take an M or go to another vendor. Not sure that is what Vizio is going for either.

2016 is going to be all about HDR and Vizio only having one TV (and not models one TV) on the market with it for most if not all of 2016 isn't going to be good for them.

Samsung, Sony and everyone else will be pushing that down their model lines in the spring.
a couple of things

We dont know the street price of the R65 yet
Given the recent price reductions of the Samsung 65JS9500 at $3K....that has to give Vizio some direction on what they can charge

I dont think the name Vizio demands the same price in the market as a Samsung or Sony

The other thing is hasnt the Vizio brand always provided high value for the dollar?..ie...under cutting the the big names for similar performance and features?

Warren

·
Registered
300 Posts
I don't know if it will cost 8K but I am sure that it will be more expensive than people would assume based on compares to other models. I mean that just from the perspective of they had to include the "higher end" (from vizio's pov) bt soundbar, sats and sub. Suddenly you are looking at 1.5K extra in cost the consumer is forced to buy. On one hand maybe they are trying to offer a turnkey solution and market it the same but personally I think they are dumb because the people who want the R 65 are the same ones who already have a nice sound system and we're going to see a lot of their sats/sub/bar on ebay hah. It would be nice at least if the audio stuff could be compatable with the P series. Then I could buy a P and make a separate turnkey viewing room or something. Anyhow, I think they will not be able to compete with the other flagship mfgs, mostly becuase they foolishly upped the price with sound equipment many of its TARGET audience do not want. Yes I've mentioned it before and its been said that AVS represents 1% of the TV buying population and not everyone has a good sound system but that is what the R series is trying to target.

Oh and that polished 50lb aluminium stand.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
So far the pricing rumor is 1 for 1. I can't wait to see all the consternation, gnashing of teeth, and shock if the $8k price is correct for the 65".
if the "street price" is $8K for the R65...I think you will see consternation,gnashing of teeth and shock from Vizio as dust collects on its inventory

The other part is...and I dont like this.......if Vizio starts the MSRP game like Sony and Samsung do
where the MSRP on higher end models little significance on what the street price is

Warren

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
Vizio has two opportunities in Oct. for announcements related to the R-series and the new P-series. First is their "Vizio Fall Showcase" that is described as a "launch event" on Oct. 6th, 6pm in NYC. This is a by invitation only press event. Then the following week Vizio will be at CEDIA Expo in Dallas.

·
Banned
10,026 Posts
That sounds totally reasonable, I hate to say.

What gets potentially interesting is if they decide to drive the costs down over time and sell more. I suspect they won't, but if they did and it followed a 30-30-30-30 curve over the next several years, well....

2016: $77,000 (let's round that up to $80,000)
2017: $56,000 (let's go down to $55,000
2018: $38,500 (let's round up to $40,000)
2019: $28,000 (let's round up to $30,000)
2020: $21,000 (let's round down to $20,000)
2021: $14,700 (let's round up to $15,000)
2022: $10,500 (let's round that down to $10,000 even)

So given that the above is 100% doable from a cost perspective (7 years from now you would be able to buy 4 60" finished TVs for

·
Registered
299 Posts
a couple of things

We dont know the street price of the R65 yet
Given the recent price reductions of the Samsung 65JS9500 at $3K....that has to give Vizio some direction on what they can charge

I dont think the name Vizio demands the same price in the market as a Samsung or Sony

The other thing is hasnt the Vizio brand always provided high value for the dollar?..ie...under cutting the the big names for similar performance and features?

Warren
Where did you read SAMSUNG reduced the UN65JS9500 to $3K? I like to buy one or two at that price :) All I can see the street price from authorized dealers is around $4,500.

I don't know if it will cost 8K but I am sure that it will be more expensive than people would assume based on compares to other models. I mean that just from the perspective of they had to include the "higher end" (from vizio's pov) bt soundbar, sats and sub. Suddenly you are looking at 1.5K extra in cost the consumer is forced to buy. On one hand maybe they are trying to offer a turnkey solution and market it the same but personally I think they are dumb because the people who want the R 65 are the same ones who already have a nice sound system and we're going to see a lot of their sats/sub/bar on ebay hah. It would be nice at least if the audio stuff could be compatable with the P series. Then I could buy a P and make a separate turnkey viewing room or something. Anyhow, I think they will not be able to compete with the other flagship mfgs, mostly becuase they foolishly upped the price with sound equipment many of its TARGET audience do not want. Yes I've mentioned it before and its been said that AVS represents 1% of the TV buying population and not everyone has a good sound system but that is what the R series is trying to target.

Oh and that polished 50lb aluminium stand.
The most expensive Sound Bar System listed at Vizio store is $349.99, how did you figure out the "1.5K extra in cost the consumer is forced to buy." due to the attached sound bar.

Very simple the R65" won't sell for $8,000 even if they use gold plated stand.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Where did you read SAMSUNG reduced the UN65JS9500 to $3K? I like to buy one or two at that price :) All I can see the street price from authorized dealers is around $4,500.

There have been 3-4 instances in the last 45 days that Buy Dig( via Ebay) has had it for $2999( delivered)
Its has been reported here on AVS more than once
They seem to sell only 50-70 units and then the sale is shut down....which is typically in 24-36 hours

Buy Dig is an authorized Samsung retailer

Most of the buyers say they are receiving their units directly from Samsung from these purchases

Warren

Reactions: rjnolberto

·
Registered
299 Posts
There is no universe in which the R120 will sell 10,000 unless the pricing is a fraction of what is expected.
Well the first part of the sentence sounds like it's impossible than you go on with unless.

I did say the 10,000 units sold will depend a lot on price and reviews.

We don't know yet what the price is going to be except some members speculations around $100,000 that probably wont sell much. Somebody posted in this thread about having a quote from a dealer for the R120" $130,000, little questionable since the same dealer asked for the R65" $8,000. If that was true it looks at least to me Vizio doesn't want to sell the Reference Series at all.

Now lets look at it different way, I mean lets suppose Vizio would like to sell many of the R120" and priced it at (let me speculate) something around $30,000 to $50,000.

Every large city in USA and Canada has specialty audio and video stores where the rich and famous buy, lets suppose Vizio gets some off this stores to display the R120".

With close to 7 million millionaire households in USA and the above scenario, do you think it would be impossible to sell 10k units during the model lifetime?

NOTE
Must admit, would never be able to come with such price without at least some understanding about the "120 panel cost and I didn't know anything about it at all.

Luckily I remember post #1275 in this thread by more knowledgeable and respected member of this community so I used it to help me out, hope you don't mind.

EDIT
I just did read your post no #1464 on previous page about we might get down to $55,000 in 2017 so maybe I'm just a little ahead of the time. On the other hand maybe those doable prices are by SONY and SAMSUNG, :) in that case we will see Vizio lower prices much sooner. :)

·
Registered
17,457 Posts
There have been 3-4 instances in the last 45 days that Buy Dig( via Ebay) has had it for $2999( delivered)
Its has been reported here on AVS more than once
They seem to sell only 50-70 units and then the sale is shut down....which is typically in 24-36 hours

Buy Dig is an authorized Samsung retailer

Most of the buyers say they are receiving their units directly from Samsung from these purchases

Warren

There seems to be a major catch to that special deal. One of the buyers got in touch with buydig and was told by buydig that special deal was an ebay subsidation. Buydig has a deal where they are being compensated by eBay when running that deal.

So until that deal shows up with another seller, somewhere other than ebay, that price is not coming directly from Samsung at this moment.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
There seems to be a major catch to that special deal. One of the buyers got in touch with buydig and was told by buydig that special deal was an ebay subsidation. Buydig has a deal where they are being compensated by eBay when running that deal.

So until that deal shows up with another seller, somewhere other than ebay, that price is not coming directly from Samsung at this moment.
thats interesting
I heard a bit of a different story
I heard the costs had been lowered to retailers for this TV...but in order to fly under the radar of UPP they had to do it this way...as evidenced by the fact that each time its over they erase what the item was on the Ebay sold page

Either way...its a moot point

price is $2999( landed) , they are an authorized dealer and they are selling units rather quickly when available

Warren

·
Registered
16,624 Posts
Well the first part of the sentence sounds like it's impossible than you go on with unless.

I did say the 10,000 units sold will depend a lot on price and reviews.

We don't know yet what the price is going to be except some members speculations around $100,000 that probably wont sell much. Somebody posted in this thread about having a quote from a dealer for the R120" $130,000, little questionable since the same dealer asked for the R65" $8,000. If that was true it looks at least to me Vizio doesn't want to sell the Reference Series at all.

Now lets look at it different way, I mean lets suppose Vizio would like to sell many of the R120" and priced it at (let me speculate) something around $30,000 to $50,000.

Every large city in USA and Canada has specialty audio and video stores where the rich and famous buy, lets suppose Vizio gets some off this stores to display the R120".

With close to 7 million millionaire households in USA and the above scenario, do you think it would be impossible to sell 10k units during the model lifetime?

NOTE
Must admit, would never be able to come with such price without at least some understanding about the "120 panel cost and I didn't know anything about it at all.

Luckily I remember post #1275 in this thread by more knowledgeable and respected member of this community so I used it to help me out, hope you don't mind.

EDIT
I just did read your post no #1464 on previous page about we might get down to $55,000 in 2017 so maybe I'm just a little ahead of the time. On the other hand maybe those doable prices are by SONY and SAMSUNG, :) in that case we will see Vizio lower prices much sooner. :)
There's a thought: Sony and Samsung being the low cost leaders and forcing Vizio to follow them down. The world truly has evolved over the past 12 months ;)

1461 - 1480 of 2656 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.