AVS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Substantial Improvement - Gamma Setting 2.2

Greetings Colleagues,

Recent calibrations involved using Gamma setting of 2.4 for BT 1886 standard, but this setting created what I noticed today as the dreaded black crush, which is lack of detail in dark scenes and this setting may not be appropriate with some displays.

Therefore, I reverted to using the time proven gamma setting at 2.2, which brightens up the picture a bit. I also set brightness using the 2nd brightness AVSForum disc pattern where level 19 is barely flashing, per instructions. I readjusted all of the other settings accordingly and the gamma graph level is flat right at 2.1 (which I will post upon request). The picture pops out without excessive color saturation. The primary and secondary color settings did not need to be readjusted.

Measured color temperature is 8000K and Luminance @ 100% White Pattern is 45 ftL. The new settings below are bolden.

Input Settings: HDMI-2,

Aspect Ratio: Normal

Picture Mode: Standard
Auto Brightness: Off
Backlight: 60
Brightness: 49
Contrast: 50
Color: 53
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 2

More Picture:
Color Temperature: Normal
Active Full Array: OFF
Clear Action: ON
Turn off all other enhancements
Color Space: Auto
Gamma: 2.2

Please disregard the below settings due to calculation errors

Color Calibration:
Color Tuner:
Gain: Red -32, Green 2, Blue 34
Offset: Red 14, Green 3, Blue 12

Hue: Red 3, Green 50, Blue -11, Cyan -3, Magenta 10, Yellow -6
Saturation: Red 15, Green 22, Blue 4, Cyan 3, Magenta 26, Yellow -15
Brightness: Red 28, Green -6, Blue 0, Cyan 6, Magenta -16, Yellow 8

11 Point White Balance Settings:
Gain = 5%: Red: -8; Green: -10; Blue: -5
Gain = 10%: Red: -9; Green: -10; Blue: -5
Gain = 20%: Red: -2; Green: -2; Blue: -1
Gain = 30%: Red: 3; Green: 2; Blue: 1
Gain = 40%: Red: 6; Green: 3; Blue: 3
Gain = 50%: Red: 8; Green: 4; Blue: 3
Gain = 60%: Red: 5; Green: 2; Blue: -1
Gain = 70%: Red: 6; Green: 3; Blue: -1
Gain = 80%: Red: 4; Green: 4; Blue: 0
Gain = 90%: Red: 3; Green: 2; Blue: 1
Gain = 100%: Red: 0; Green: 0; Blue: 0

As always,
Your colleague in picture quality,

I am The Vincentfam

·
Registered
446 Posts
The Observation Settings

Greetings once again Colleagues:

In recently observing the PQ and settings, the picture appeared to be dull compared to the calibrated and calibrated dark tv modes. The respective luminance (100%) were 70 ftL and 60 ftL. So I raised my backlight setting to 82 to obtain 60 ftL luminance.

Next I noticed the impact of the Clear Action setting and turned it off.

I changed the gamma setting to 2.0 because this was the best setting that provided greater detail without "washing out" the picture quality. The hcfr gamma curve is flat just above 1.9. Color temperature is 8000K.

Finally, I used the recommended 75% saturation field patterns (instead of 100%) to adjust the primary and secondary colors. It appears that this TV has an imperfect CMS. I noticed that the previous settings were way off.

The blue filter method was used to adjust more the tint and color settings.

The changes are in bold:

Backlight: 82
Brightness: 49
Contrast: 50
Color: 57 (50 without the blue filter)
Tint: 2 (0 without the blue filter)
Sharpness: 2

More Picture:
Clear Action: OFF EDIT: Turn On for smoother picture quality
Gamma: 2.0

Please disregard the below settings due to calculation errors

Color Calibration:
Color Tuner:
Gain: Red -32, Green 2, Blue 34
Offset: Red 14, Green 13, Blue 12

Hue: Red 3, Green 50, Blue -6, Cyan -8, Magenta 10, Yellow -1
Saturation: Red 15, Green 28, Blue 3, Cyan -22 Magenta 23, Yellow 4
Brightness: Red -9, Green -35, Blue -5, Cyan -8, Magenta -35, Yellow -7

Gain = 60%: Red: 5; Green: 2; Blue: -1
Gain = 70%: Red: 6; Green: 3; Blue: -1
Gain = 80%: Red: 4; Green: 4; Blue: 0
Gain = 90%: Red: 3; Green: 2; Blue: 1

As always,
Your colleague in picture quality,

I am The Vincentfam

·
Registered
446 Posts
Observations Update

Greetings:

It is hereby recommended that the Clear Action setting be turned ON to provide a much smoother picture with little impact to picture quality.

I am the Vincentfam

·
Registered
446 Posts
HDMI Cable Hardware and Ferrite Cores

Greetings Colleagues,

I am currently looking at changing my hdmi cable to a 2.0 (which has a higher data transfer rate) with CL2 (in wall installation). Currently I have a standard hdmi cable (probably a 1.4) and I am seeing small artifacts in the picture. This could be due to clouding, which can occur on lcd tvs, or electrical interference due to the hdmi cable running near the power cord behind the wall. While I am waiting for the new 2.0 hdmi cable from Monoprice, I have installed ferrite cores near the ends of the old hdmi cable which seems to have improved the picture quality.

I will keep you updated,

I am, once again, the Vincentfam

·
Registered
446 Posts
Updates and Corrected Settings

Greetings Colleagues:

I installed the new 4k hdmi cable and it may have made some slight improvements to picture quality, especially with using ferrite cores near the ends of the cable. At least I am now prepared to watch 4k video content when it comes out.

During the install, I noticed that the hue, saturation and brightness settings in the color tuner section were off. I took my time and re-calculated the settings for D65 calibration and Color Temperature 8000K, as posted below:

The D65 Settings (Movie Mode)

These settings are for REC 709 standards with a color temperature of 6500K for movie mode. Luminance @ 100% IRE is 60 ftL. Gamma setting was changed to 1.8 to brighten up the picture. The measured gamma graph was flat at 1.7. Delta E's for the grayscale were between 0.1 to 1.5 (below 4 is good). Delta E's for primary and secondary colors were between 0.4 and 5.1 (below 10 is good). No changes to 11 point white balance settings.

Backlight: 84
Brightness: 50
Contrast: 49
Color: 50
Sharpness: 3 (0 with new technique posted below)

More Picture:
Gamma: 1.8

Color Calibration:
Color Tuner:
Offset: Red 14, Green 14, Blue 13
Gain: Red -15, Green 2, Blue -22

Hue: Red 9, Green 36, Blue -6, Cyan 13, Magenta 5, Yellow -2
Saturation: Red 31, Green 8, Blue 3, Cyan -1, Magenta 29, Yellow -14
Brightness: Red -14, Green -11, Blue -49, Cyan -1, Magenta -27, Yellow 1

Gain = 5%: Red: 7; Green: 7; Blue: 7
Gain = 10%: Red: 3; Green: 4; Blue: 8
Gain = 20%: Red: -2; Green: -1; Blue: 2
Gain = 30%: Red: 0; Green: 0; Blue: 1
Gain = 40%: Red: 5; Green: 3; Blue: 3
Gain = 60%: Red: 5; Green: 2; Blue: 0
Gain = 70%: Red: 6; Green: 2; Blue: 0
Gain = 80%: Red: 3; Green: 2; Blue: 0
Gain = 90%: Red: 4; Green: 1; Blue: 1

The 8000K Corrected Settings (Standard Mode)

These settings are for a color temperature of 8000K for standard mode. Luminance @ 100% IRE is 60 ftL. Gamma setting is 2.0. The measured gamma graph was flat at 1.9. No changes to 11 point white balance settings.

Sharpness: 3 (0 with new technique posted below)

More Picture:

Color Calibration:
Color Tuner:
Offset: Red 13, Green 15, Blue 13
Gain: Red -27, Green 5, Blue 35

Hue: Red 9, Green 28, Blue -6, Cyan 4, Magenta 11, Yellow -5
Saturation: Red 31, Green 2, Blue 3, Cyan 24, Magenta 13, Yellow -12
Brightness: Red -7, Green -7, Blue -50, Cyan -12, Magenta -10, Yellow 3

Gain = 5%: Red: 7; Green: 7; Blue: 7
Gain = 10%: Red: 3; Green: 4; Blue: 8
Gain = 20%: Red: -2; Green: -1; Blue: 2
Gain = 30%: Red: 0; Green: 0; Blue: 1
Gain = 40%: Red: 5; Green: 3; Blue: 3
Gain = 60%: Red: 5; Green: 2; Blue: 0
Gain = 70%: Red: 6; Green: 2; Blue: 0
Gain = 90%: Red: 4; Green: 1; Blue: 1

Apologies for earlier posted erroneous settings.

The Vincentfam

·
Registered
446 Posts
The Sharpness Setting by Pausing Picture

Greetings Colleagues,

In reviewing comments regarding Sharpness setting by some of our learned avsforum members, it was suggested that one method of determining proper sharpness setting is to freeze or pause a picture on the television and adjust the sharpness setting when looking at straight or sharp edged objects in the picture. When I did this for our television I noticed artifacts when setting the sharpness setting at 1 or above, and that the 0 setting had no artifacts. Perhaps my old calibration disc sharpness pattern was not sufficient for the new 4k technology.

Using this described "pausing picture" technique, I recommend setting the sharpness setting at 0.

As I am,

The Vincentfam

·
Registered
446 Posts
Recommended Settings

Greetings Colleagues,

I have been looking at the differences between the recent settings for D65 (movie mode) and 8000K (standard mode), and I believe that the colors in the D65 settings are more vibrant. The gamma setting at 1.8 brightens the TV's picture and does not "wash out" the colors. I am recommending the D65 settings over the 8000k settings for viewing. Edit: I change the gamma setting to 2.0 for better day and nite viewing which does not affect other settings.

I am The Vincentfam

·
Registered
446 Posts
Vizio's Internal Calibration Patterns

Greetings once again Colleagues,

I examined calibration results from using Vizio's internal calibration patterns and they were significantly different from my results using my old 2007 Samsung Blu-ray player with the Avsforum Rec 709 patterns. One of the main reasons I looked at the internal patterns is because many learned avsforum member indicated that calibration settings from different sources (like Blu-ray players, etc) may be different due to different technologies and other variants.

For our tv, I mainly used the flat patterns for greyscale calibration, but disregarded the internal SMPTE color bars pattern for color and tint calibrations. The SMPTE pattern appeared to be 75% saturation colors and "paled" the picture quality a little. Instead, I used the Avsforum 100% flat color patterns for color and tint, which resulted in more vibrant colors.

The calibration results made changes to color calibration settings and some in the 11 point white balance settings to level out the gamma curve. Max luminance at white 100% IRE is 61.17 ftL. The gamma curve on the graph was flat at 1.85. Delta E for grayscale was between 0.1 and 1.4 and Delta E for primary and secondary colors was between 1.2 and 5.1. Changes from the last settings are in bold but you should check all of the settings to make sure that they are updated with the below results. Picture does look better.

The Updated D65 Settings (Movie Mode)

Tweaked on April 27, 2020 with using HCFR Target Images for Primary and Secondary Colors. Delta E for grayscale 0 to 0.9, Delta E for primary secondary colors 1 to 3.6. Changes in Bold

Input Settings: HDMI-1,

Color: 50 (55 with blue filter - recommended)
Tint: 0 (-1 with blue filter - recommended)
Sharpness: 3 (Recommended)

More Picture:

Color Calibration:
Color Tuner:
Offset: Red 14, Green 15, Blue 13
Gain: Red -16, Green 6, Blue -17

Hue: Red 10, Green 32, Blue -11, Cyan 6, Magenta 12, Yellow -2
Saturation: Red 31, Green 3, Blue 3, Cyan 22, Magenta 32, Yellow -37
Brightness: Red -6, Green -8, Blue -9, Cyan -10, Magenta -25, Yellow 2

Gain = 30%: Red: 3; Green: 2; Blue: 2
Gain = 50%: Red: 8; Green: 4; Blue: 4
Gain = 60%: Red: 4; Green: 1; Blue: 0
Gain = 70%: Red:5; Green: 1; Blue:1
Gain = 80%: Red: 3; Green: 2; Blue: 1
Gain = 90%: Red: 1; Green: -2; Blue: -2
Gain = 100%: Red: 0; Green: 0; Blue: 1

As always and once again,

I am The Vincentfam

·
Registered
446 Posts
The Blue Filter - Color and Tint

Greetings Colleagues,

Briefly, in applying the blue filter to the avsforum color/tint pattern, the following adjustments were made for the last posted settings:

Tweaked

Color: 55
Tint: -1

The Vincentfam

·
Registered
446 Posts
Back to Square One

Greetings Colleagues:

Recently, while comparing the posted settings to different color temperature settings (cool) and picture modes (calibrated and calibrated dark), I noticed that the picture quality for the current D65 settings look substantially similar to vizio's calibrated mode settings, with the settings in calibrated dark mode slightly darker. So it appears that I adjusted the standard mode settings for D65 to what this TV's calibrated mode settings already provided. My DYI efforts may have been all for naught.

However, if Vizio's calibrated mode is D65, then this could mean my DYI calibration techniques are good, the use of 100% color patterns in the avsforum calibration disc for measuring primary and secondary colors was correct, and I have a good understanding on the TV's color tuner settings.

If you are using the DIY settings at your own risk, the postings may or may not help your picture quality because tv displays, even the same models such as our Vizios, may be different and any use of the settings may just provide only an approximation.

So now it's back to square one. I am going to push that dreadful reset button for the standard mode and start doing measurements for D75 to whiten the picture a little (D65 is a little too dark/orange for me). I will not post any of the D75 measurements unless requested.

Update: I did the D75 measurements but didn't copy the settings down because the picture looked unrealistic. I simply put back in the D65 settings. Also, the reason why the calibration mode settings looked similar to my D65 settings in the calibrated standard mode is because the changes that I made in color tuner settings automatically adjusted and applied to other modes, including the calibrated mode.

The Vincentfam

·
Registered
446 Posts
The Tentative Rec 709 75%/75% Settings

Greetings,

The below DIY settings are from using HCFR's Rec 709 75%/75% reference setting. I was looking at HCFR settings for ultra high definition calibration when I noticed the 75%/75% reference setting, which I guess would be the reference setting on calibrating primary and secondary colors using 75% saturation and 75% amplitude color patterns. These patterns are recommended over 100% color patterns because colorimeters are better at measuring color at 75% ire than at 100% ire.

For calibration of primary and secondary colors with HCFR reference setting Rec 709 (75%/75%), I used the 75%/75% from an avsforum member's GCD disc and discovered the colors previously posted were way off with many colors outside target range. I readjusted the TV's settings and came up with a flat gamma curve just below 1.9, with a delta E for the grayscale between 0.1 and 1.9. The delta Es for primary and secondary colors were between 1.5 and 4.7.

After looking at the picture, it appears that the 75%/75% color patterns, with the HCFR reference set at Rec 709 (75%/75%) are the way to go. I will be looking and possibly tweaking these settings, which are posted below:

Input Settings: HDMI-1

Color: 50 (62 with blue filter - recommended if you like increase in saturated colors)
Tint: 0 (0 with blue filter)

More Picture:

Color Calibration:
Color Tuner:

Hue: Red -6, Green 32, Blue -12, Cyan 6, Magenta 7, Yellow 18
Saturation: Red 19, Green 10, Blue 0, Cyan 22, Magenta -3, Yellow -13
Brightness: Red -2, Green -12, Blue -35, Cyan -12, Magenta -5, Yellow -2

Gain = 5%: Red: -8; Green: -10; Blue: -6
Gain = 10%: Red: -8; Green: -10; Blue: -6
Gain = 20%: Red: -2; Green: -2; Blue: -2
Gain = 40%: Red: 6; Green: 3; Blue: 2
Gain = 60%: Red: 4; Green: 1; Blue: -1
Gain = 70%: Red:5; Green: 1; Blue:0
Gain = 90%: Red: 1; Green: -2; Blue: -3

The Vincentfam

·
Registered
446 Posts
The Continued Color/Tint Dilemma

Greetings,

In viewing the Rec 709 (75%/75%) reference setting, as posted above, the picture appears to be a little dull. For this TV, the 75/75 reference setting is not recommended.

I re-reviewed the avsforum posting about color/tint adjustments and it only recommended the 75% color patterns for some TVs, but it was not an across the board recommendation for all TVs. This posting did suggest using a target gamut technique to get the primary and secondary colors within their respective gamut targets. With this technique, I set all hue, saturation, and brightness settings in the color turner to 0, I disregarded the "current measures coordinates" in the HCFR software, and I focused only on getting all of the colors within their gamut targets.

The default settings for color (50) and tint (0), and the hue, saturation, and brightness settings set at 0 in the color tuner section gave a good CIE graph of the colors (without looking at the current measures coordinates) that required small adjustments to some of the colors to get them in the target gamut.

After calibration, the Delta-Es for grayscale were between 0.1 and 1.9. Delta-Es for primary and secondary colors were between 1.3 and 5.6 when using avsforum calibration disc's flat 100% color patterns and between 1.1 and 5.5 when using avsforum calibration disc's 75% color patterns.

I will keep tweaking the color and tint settings if I find a better technique.

Herein are the results:

Color: 50 (54 with blue filter)
Tint: 0 (0 with blue filter)

More Picture:

Color Calibration:
Color Tuner:

Hue: Red 0, Green 0, Blue -8, Cyan 0, Magenta 7, Yellow 0
Saturation: Red 0, Green 0, Blue 0, Cyan 0, Magenta -6, Yellow 0
Brightness: Red 0, Green 0, Blue 0, Cyan -3, Magenta 3, Yellow -1

Gain = 5%: Red: -8; Green: -10; Blue: -6
Gain = 10%: Red: -8; Green: -10; Blue: -6
Gain = 20%: Red: -2; Green: -2; Blue: -2
Gain = 40%: Red: 6; Green: 3; Blue: 2
Gain = 60%: Red: 4; Green: 1; Blue: -1
Gain = 70%: Red:5; Green: 1; Blue:0
Gain = 90%: Red: 1; Green: -2; Blue: -3

The Vincentfam

·
Registered
446 Posts
Finally, The 75% Saturation - 100% Luminance Color Patterns

Greetings Colleagues,

I have calibrated the color and tint settings using the 75% Saturation/100% Amplitude color patterns in the GCD calibration disc created by an avsforum member. The new hue, saturation, and brightness settings for the primary and secondary colors are posted below, along with color and tint settings. The grayscale was not affected by these changes in primary and secondary colors, so there were no changes to other settings from the last postings.

During my research, there were many recommendations from the avsforum website to use 100% Saturation/75% Luminance patterns, but one member highly recommended the use of 75% Sat/100% Lum patterns for realistic colors. Saturation is one of the measurements (hue, saturation, and brightness) for color and tint in the color tuner section, and luminance is listed as brightness for this tv. Luminance also goes by other names like stimulus, amplitude and intensity. Sometimes forum discussions are confusing because some members describe luminance in the different terms. Nonetheless, a technical website on monitor calibration described luminance as having a "greater importance."

I attempted to use the 100% Sat/75% Lum patterns, but the 75% Sat/100 % Lum patterns made the picture quality a whole lot better; and the HCFR software (Rec 709 (75%/75%) showed that the primary and secondary colors were within target gamut. The tint setting was adjusted to -1 to enhance the setting for cyan.

Herein are the settings:

Tint: -1

(Use of blue color filter not recommended)

Color Calibration:

Color Tuner:
Hue: Red -5, Green 21, Blue -7, Cyan 17, Magenta 8, Yellow 0
Saturation: Red 25, Green 14, Blue -2, Cyan 0, Magenta 0, Yellow 0
Brightness: Red -4, Green -8, Blue -23, Cyan -6, Magenta -4, Yellow 0

The Vincentfam

·
Registered
446 Posts
Calibration - Change Power Mode to Quick Start (Eco Off)

Greetings,

More reviews of this TV revealed that switching the power mode (under System settings) from Eco Mode to Quick Start will allow more control of the display. While in the power mode, you can see a note at the bottom of the screen that Quick Start allows "most" control of the display.

After turning the power mode to quick start, the hue, saturation and brightness settings in the color tuner for the primary and secondary colors were easier to control and use. After calibration using the 75% Saturation and 100% Amplitude (luminance, stimulus, etc.) patterns in the Gamut Calibration Disk (GCD), the Delta Es for the grayscale were between 0.1 and 1.1, and the Delta Es for the primary and secondary colors were between 0.2 and 1.5, which is a substantial improvement. I was able to maneuver cyan within bullseye of the target gamut without using the tint control. The measured points on the CIE graph were just about perfect. I will continue to monitor the settings for improvement.

Herein are the changes to the recent settings:

System
Power Mode: Quick Start

Color: 50 (default setting)
Tint: 0 (default setting)

(Use of blue color filter not recommended)

Color Calibration:

Color Tuner:
Hue: Red -1, Green 30, Blue 0, Cyan 1, Magenta 8, Yellow 0
Saturation: Red 21, Green 18, Blue -1, Cyan 47, Magenta 0, Yellow 0
Brightness: Red 0, Green -10, Blue -13, Cyan -13, Magenta -2, Yellow 0

The Vincentfam

·
Registered
446 Posts
The 75% Saturation/75% Stimulus Settings - Eco Mode Off

Greetings,

With the power mode switched from Eco Mode to Quick Start (to have the most control of display), I decided to do calibrations for primary and secondary colors using the 75% Saturation/75% Stimulus (luminance, amplitude etc) calibration patterns in the Gamut Calibration Disc, as recommended by one of Avsforum's most learned members (in my view).

I did two different calibrations, one with a gamma setting at 2.0 (to lighten the picture a little) and the other with a gamma setting at 2.2 (traditional setting for movie dark room viewing - decreases eyestrain with a lower luminance @ 100% White). For primary and secondary colors, Delta E for gamma @ 2.0 was between 0.2 and 1.6; and for gamma @ 2.2 was between 0.2 and 1.4. There were no differences between using 10% window and full field calibration patterns. Between the gamma settings, there were differences in hue, saturation, and brightness settings (as indicated below), but the 11 point white balance settings (most recently posted in this thread) in the color tuner were not affected by color calibrations and therefore not posted here. Blue filter not used and not recommended.

Herein are the posted settings:

Gamma Setting: 2.0 for 60.1 ftL Luminance @ 100% White Pattern

System

More Picture:

Color Calibration:
Color Tuner:

Hue: Red 1, Green 28, Blue -3, Cyan 3, Magenta 7, Yellow 0
Saturation: Red 20, Green 18, Blue -1, Cyan 47, Magenta 5, Yellow -4
Brightness: Red 0, Green -12, Blue -20, Cyan -15, Magenta -3, Yellow -1

Gamma Setting: 2.2 for 50 ftL Luminance @ 100% White Pattern

System

Backlight: 67

More Picture:
Gamma: 2.2

Color Calibration:
Color Tuner:

(changes below in bold)
Hue: Red 1, Green 29, Blue -2, Cyan 3, Magenta 7, Yellow 0
Saturation: Red 15, Green 16, Blue 0, Cyan 47, Magenta -1, Yellow -11
Brightness: Red 4, Green -11, Blue -9, Cyan -14, Magenta 0, Yellow 0

The Vincentfam

·
Registered
446 Posts
The 8000K Color Temperature Measurements (Eco Mode OFF)

Greetings,

I have made the 8000K Color Temperature measurements, with the power mode switched to Quick Start (Eco Mode Off) to have the most control over the display, to decrease some of the "redness" with D65 calibrations and to create a slight 3D effect for white colored images. Maximum luminance is around 61 ftL @ 100% White ire; and the primary and secondary colors are within target gamut after making some adjustments using 75% saturation/75% amplitude color patterns. In dark viewing environment, I just reduce backlight setting to 67, but this affect may affect the accuracy of the hue, saturation, and brightness parameters of the measured primary and secondary colors.

Herein are my DIY settings:

Gamma Setting: 2.0 for 61 ftL Luminance @ 100% White Pattern

System

Backlight: 84 (Reducing this setting will not affect other settings; Reducing to 63 will reduce maximum luminance to 50ftL)
Sharpness: 6 Updated

More Picture:

Color Calibration:
Color Tuner:
Offset: Red 11, Green 15, Blue 13
Gain: Red -16, Green 7, Blue 45

Below settings in bold adjusted on May 8, 2020

Hue: Red 4, Green 25, Blue -4, Cyan -10, Magenta 17, Yellow -1
Saturation: Red 20, Green 22, Blue -21, Cyan 41, Magenta 2, Yellow 4
Brightness: Red 2, Green -13, Blue -30, Cyan -16, Magenta -4, Yellow 0

Gain = 5%: Red: -9; Green: -10; Blue: -5
Gain = 20%: Red: -2; Green: -2; Blue: -3
Gain = 30%: Red: 3; Green: 2; Blue: -1
Gain = 40%: Red: 6; Green: 3; Blue: 1
Gain = 50%: Red: 8; Green: 4; Blue: 0
Gain = 60%: Red: 4; Green: 1; Blue: -3
Gain = 70%: Red:5; Green: 1; Blue:-2
Gain = 80%: Red: 3; Green: 2; Blue: -3
Gain = 90%: Red: 1; Green: -2; Blue: -5
Gain = 100%: Red: 0; Green: 0; Blue: -2

The Vincentfam

·
Registered
446 Posts
8000K Color Temp (Eco Mode off & 75% Patterns) @ 50ftL Max Luminance

Greetings,

I made adjustments to last posting to level out the 8000K color temperature on the color graph. I also lowered the backlight setting to 63 to reduce the maximum luminance to 50 ftL @ 100% white ire. Reducing the backlight setting did not affect other settings like the grayscale and primary and secondary colors (Delta Es between 0.5 and 3.0(blue)).

This is probably my last posting in this thread, unless my cable provider starts using 4K signals with its service.

The Vincentfam

·
Registered
446 Posts
Aspect Ratio

Tip: Changing the aspect ratio in the System Settings to "Wide" may crop the picture a little but add improvement to PQ.

The Vincentfam

·
Registered
446 Posts
Sharpness Setting 6

Greetings,

The sharpness setting is probably one of the most crucial steps to take for picture quality. One recommended process is to increase sharpness to its maximum setting and reduce it until you can no longer see artifacts on the sharpness pattern from your viewing distance. Many people state that sharpness should automatically set to zero, while others suggest the need to have some artifacts for picture quality.

I recently used the above recommended process and found that the sharpness on my TV for my viewing preference is 6. Your preference may be different.

The Vincentfam

81 - 100 of 100 Posts