AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So here's a mystery that I had ever since I've had this TV.  As soon as I turn my TV on I can watch any channel as long as it's not HD.  If I try to switch to any HD channel (doesn't matter if its 720p, 1080i, or 1080p) my TV will not display the content.  It does display a message that says "NOT SUPPORT"    

Here's the issue...it's works FINE after about 10-15 minutes just like nothing was ever wrong!  

After about the 5 minute mark it will flash the audio and video for second to two second intervals and the longer I get to about the 10-15 minute mark the longer it stays on before flashing off again.  Seems like after 10-15 minutes it's like magic and works fine.  

I've tried multiple cable boxes, multiple cables, multiple resolutions, multiple inputs (both component and HDMI are affected)...same result every time.  

The exceptions are:  Netflix works as soon as it's turned on and games on my PS3 work as soon as it's turned on.  YouTube does not.  

ANY IDEAS??????

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Yeah I've tried that....no better after cycling the power.   I timed it...the picture was watchable after 13 minutes tonight.  Audio starts coming in with video at about the 9 minute mark.  Until then TV says "NOT SUPPORT"

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I was at the Vizio web site looking at a new tv for the grand kids, and ran across a bunch of little video on power cycling a vizio tv. its turn off then unplug it, then push the onboard power button for 10 to 25 second to reset the tv. I have always just unplugged in the past.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts