AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize that the OSD has all the codes in it. However, because of a variety of problems (which I have yet to get solved even after posting on this site) I can not view the OSD with my TV. I was hoping that someone might be able to tell me the codes for a Vizio TV. I tried posting in the owners thread (AVR 391 / 591 / 1611) but after several weeks I have not received a response.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I'm not sure what you're asking. Which remote are you going to put the code in, the Vizio remote or the Denon remote?

To view the OSD, try plugging in a composite video output from the Denon and switch to the appropriate source on your TV. That's kind of a baseline to get you going. Then you can figure out how to get it working over HDMI.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I realize that I SHOULD be able to connect a composite video to the TV and get the OSD. However, this has NEVER worked for me. I can get sound over that connection (yes with the TV set to the correct input) but not Video. When I connect strait to the TV from a composite device then everything works fine. It is not the cord (I use the same chord) I think the receiver is trying to send all the signals over HDMI.

ANYWAY

What I want is the code that programs the Denon AVR remote to control the Vizio TV. (Why the hell would I want the Vizio remote to control my receiver?)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
P.S.

HDMi will NEVER work because my TV does not support 480i over HDMI. (Why Denon decided to make the OSD 480i and not 480p baffles me.)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Lawton  /t/1522532/vizio-tv-remote-codes-for-denon-avr-591/0_100#post_24482520

What I want is the code that programs the Denon AVR remote to control the Vizio TV. (Why the hell would I want the Vizio remote to control my receiver?)
Most people only care about on/off/volume for everyday use, hence the TV remote with volume punch through would work fine. I personally never touch my AVR remote unless I'm doing some sort of heavy duty configuration. My universal handles everything else.

In any case, I only know the Vizio remote codes. If there aren't any Vizio, Viewsonic, V or Superscan TV codes in your Denon manual, you're out of luck (all those share most of the same codes). There are no new codes or any possibility of loading them even if they existed. I'd get a universal if I were you. Some Vizio remotes (VUR8 for example) are excellent universals, capable of controlling every function of every device. You can even program them from your PC like a Harmony.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would look in my manual except that DENON DOES NOT PUT REMOTE CODES IN THE MANUAL. They put them in the OSD which I have already said I can not access. Thanks for assuming I am a total idiot and telling me things that I already know. If you don't have the receiver or know the codes then please stop posting on here.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Lawton  /t/1522532/vizio-tv-remote-codes-for-denon-avr-591/0_100#post_24482914

I would look in my manual except that DENON DOES NOT PUT REMOTE CODES IN THE MANUAL. They put them in the OSD which I have already said I can not access. Thanks for assuming I am a total idiot and telling me things that I already know. If you don't have the receiver or know the codes then please stop posting on here.
Oh I will. This is my last post, I promise. I found all the Vizio TV codes for your Denon remote by the way. But there's no way in hell I'm posting them now.

Good luck.

EDIT: If anyone else wants these codes, PM me. The Denon remote codes I've given to subsequent posters have worked fine. It is extremely unlikely you'll be able to find them on your own without very specific, expert knowledge.

·
Registered
490 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Lawton  /t/1522532/vizio-tv-remote-codes-for-denon-avr-591#post_24482914

Way to go! You just alienated one of the most knowledgeable and helpful members on the whole of AVS! And if you think that he's bluffing about having the correct codes, I'm 100% certain you're wrong!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts